Thursday, February 6, 2020


August 21, 2015

   I was at the official DD fan site today and noticed that they put the date of the MSG show onto their tour list. Next to this was “On sale soon” or something like that. I should just be very excited about this but I am mostly anxious.

   I am praying that I can get a good seat for this show. I am a little confused about my fan club privileges. Are only the gold levelers eligible for the VIP tickets? I am just a regular one. Would I even be willing to spend lots of money on a ticket if so? - Maybe.

   Would I have even gotten that ticket for the Terminal 5 concert on the secondary sale site for more than the actual price if I had been at the entire Port Chester show? Perhaps not, but maybe yes. I’m trying to convince myself that all will be okay regarding this but my pessimistic side is in control. It will be a miracle if I ever get really close to them again.

   I was discussing that missed encore incident with Amy. I said that my idiot brain had convinced me that there couldn’t have been the sound of cheering which indicated DD’s return to the stage. Had I gone with my smart side, I would have checked to be absolutely certain of this. I then would have been able to see them albeit from a distance.

   She told me that once my brain had been on track to leave the theater that there was no turning back. She also had said that it is okay to be disappointed about missing out on this but not to beat myself up about it.

   I was only on Facebook for a few minutes this morning, mainly to check on the DD stuff. There was a post about a boxed set for their album Liberty.

   This is one of the 3 or 4 albums of theirs that I don’t have. I might eventually get this one, if it is even still available. I might have had the cassette but it was amongst the items that I sold at flea markets.

   I do still have a 45 of one of the songs off of it; not even sure which song it is. The picture/poster sleeve on it is pretty cool though. Or maybe I am wrong about this; it could be one of a song from Big Thing or even Notorious. It might be the latter.

    My memory is getting shittier every day, even for a subject that is of great interest to me. It is a bit embarrassing that I seem to ramble on and on about this specific group.

   That 45 was “Meet El Presidente” which if from Notorious. I only have 6 or7 DD 45s which are in the small container with my 2 John Taylor books and his audio book. I still haven’t listened to all of that yet.

    I don’t want to put those books in my bookcase. There isn’t really any room for them there plus I feel the need to keep them in a protected environment. That sounds a bit twisted, doesn’t it?

   I had the “Rio” and “Hungry like the Wolf” 45s but they got ruined by the heat when I was doing the flea markets. I shouldn’t have even sold or gotten rid of any DD items. And it was foolish to throw away the DD scrapbook that I got a flea market in the mid-1990s. I did that by the end of that decade.

   I did purge some stuff from my DD scrapbook a few years ago too. I must have been very depressed both times, especially more recently.


 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...