Saturday, February 15, 2020


September 13, 2015- Luke Bryan Concert

The LB concert was a good one but unfortunately, I got stuck in Trenton overnight again. This is the second time that this is happened, both after his concert.

   I probably would have made the last night train- 11:59- if only I had hopped onto the lite rail that was on the other side of the tracks. I waited near the empty one on the other side only to discover that this one was out of service. I wish that my smart side could have defeated the idiot one.

   It seemed to take forever to get from Camden to Trenton. Both cities are pretty scary. A nice African American guy waited with me in the station; he was like my protector. He had missed the night’s last SEPTA train to Philly.

   He could’ve taken a cab but he said that is expensive plus he didn’t want to leave me alone in that place. He told me that I shouldn’t do something like this again because it is dangerous. I agreed with him. I was so glad when it was 4:45 a.m. and the train to Linden arrived.

   I had used to lite rail for the Tim McGraw concert 2 years ago also but got on it at Bordentown station. I had dropped Mom off at her sister’s house in that town. She was staying with her for a week. It had been a stressful drive, esp. when returning home at night.

   Dustin Lynch and Randy Houser were Luke’s opening acts. I liked Randy; I would like to see him in concert someday. I got upset when the enjoyment of “Goodnight Kiss”, one of my favorite songs of his, was interrupted.

   Both of them- or maybe just Dustin- did come back out on the stage during one or two of Luke’s songs but I don’t remember which ones.

   A lady asked me if I would move over one seat so that she could sit next to her friend. They had gotten tickets at the box office at the last minute and the seats were not together. I didn’t really want to move but did so. Luckily, there wasn’t a tall person in front of me in that spot either.

   My seat wasn’t close to the stage like last time but at least it was in the center and not all the way over to the side which I didn’t like.

   Luke did a cover version of Alabama’s “Mountain Music”. He did a pretty good job of it. I liked when he performed “I Don’t Want This Night to End” and “That’s My Kind of Night” which was part of the encore.

   The girls were going gaga over him when he was doing his “sexy” dance moves during some songs like “Country Girl (Shake it for Me)” I think this looks kind of ridiculous.

  I didn’t like it when Luke opened a can of beer and threw it out on the audience in the PIT area. I would have been in such a spot if I had gone to his show in Long Island. I was too depressed and anxious to attend it though. I would have been so mad if beer had gotten on me if he did this then too.

   I bought a $5.00 photo as a souvenir as I had done at my other country boys and the Lady Antebellum concerts.

   It is pretty absurd that even at this concert I was thinking about Duran Duran. I was picturing them performing at this venue and me having a seat close to the stage; as if that would ever happen.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...