Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Dreamtime-
July 13, 2015- Buffy and Ginger

I felt my hand being licked while I was half-asleep. When I opened my eyes, my adorable spaniel Buffy was in bed with me. I was so happy to see her. I was also glad that I wasn’t in reality now. The day had been a pretty stressful one and not even listening to my Duran Duran Rio CD could calm me down.

   I was petting and hugging Buffy, plus telling her how much that I love her. I still feel terrible about not taking better care of the real Buffy. I should not have listened to that vet who told me to keep her on the steroid allergy med. That messed up her system as did not brushing her teeth.

   I should have gotten a second opinion and also have been willing to pay more for another kind of med. My brother and mother also feel horrible about this.

   I still feel as if people and other animals in the alien holodeck are very real to me. I guess that in the “Star Trek” world, the holograms are life-like too. You can touch them as if they are. It is not like the one that I saw during a Brad Paisley concert. I think that was a Carrie Underwood hologram.

   Something really strange happened next. The stuffed polar bear on my bed came to life and started talking to me. At first, I was a little startled and scared. Part of me was worried that the mean alien had had into this program and made this bear evil but luckily this wasn’t the case. He seemed friendly and even wanted to pet Buffy.

   Things got even better when suddenly my sweet mutt Ginger appeared on the bed with us. Buffy gave her a look that appeared to indicate that she didn’t want her there. Ginger looked at Buffy and also didn’t seem happy that another doggie was around.

   They sniffed one another. I told them that I loved them both equally. They then got along well which I was so pleased about.

   Ginger was always close to me. Buffy was more Mom’s doggie. I was a bit surprised that Buffy was sleeping with me but also overjoyed.

   I can’t believe that next year it will be 30 years since Ginger died. She could have lived longer if Dad had just paid to find out why she was so sick. It could have been just an infection that meds would have cured.

   It will be 5 years in November since Buffy’s death. I hope that I get to see both of them, Mookie, and other doggies in the afterlife.

   I was feeling a little sleepy after about 40 minutes. It was about 7:00 a.m. now. I should have been getting up but I wanted to stay in bed with my doggies for a bit longer. This was taking place in our present apartment which was unusual.

   I felt so comfortable and peaceful. I was beginning to fall asleep. The sound of my brother’s alarm woke me up. When I opened my eyes, my doggies were no longer there. I instantly knew that I was no longer in the holodeck. I wish that I could have been there longer.

Buffy
 
Ginger
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...