Sunday, February 16, 2020

Dreamtime

 October 17, 2014- Luke Bryan Show

I was transported to the holodeck early one morning as I was watching a Luke Bryan video. The setting that I was now in was the front yard of my old apartment. Standing nearby were about 40 people; a few of them looked like former classmates. Cars had been cleared from the area in front of us and approximately 80 more people were standing in the street.

   There was a stage on the sidewalk and part of the grass across the street. Luke Bryan was moving around and singing on it; he was doing a cover version of Neil Diamond’s “Song Sung Blue”. I was thrilled to see him but was also thinking that it was unusual that he had chosen to perform that tune.

   After the song, Luke said that he would be back as soon as he was done judging a pie contest. This was being held up at the community center. That was also pretty strange. I wish that I could have gone to see this but we were told that we all had to stay there.

   This mini-concert and the contest was being filmed for a special on CMT channel. I heard a girl telling her friend this. I also found out that this event was part of a contest. The grand prize winner would have Luke perform in his or her neighborhood and up to 10 friends/family members could be there. The rest of the crowd were contest winners too.

   The very lucky person turned out to live in the middle apartment of the unit next door. This time, I did not live at our old place. The woman that did came outside during the break. Her 2 cute doggies, a spaniel/collie mix and a terrier mix, were with her. I went over to them and pet the doggies and talked to their owner for a little while.

   I did wonder why they didn’t just have the concert in the field behind the location that it was taking place. That would have made much more sense than blocking off the street and having people move their cars. I’ve been to other concerts, including Duran Duran, in that field. Even though this was a somewhat odd spot for such an event, I was thrilled to be there.

   About 25 minutes later, and announcer/host said that Luke would be returning in 5-6 minutes. The girls nearby me were very excited about this. Michelle had her camera with her and showed me some of the pictures that she had taken of him so far. They all were nice.

   We were happy when Luke was back on the stage. He performed 4 songs- “I Don’t Want This Night to End”, “Play It Again”, “That’s My Kind of Night” and “Country Girl (Shake it for Me)” He put on a good show, as always. I was wishing that I had gone to his concert at MSG this year in reality.

    The grand prize winner, a girl in her mid-20s, got to go onto the stage with Luke afterwards. He talked with her and gave her a hug. I was a little jealous of her.

   My appearance was in my late 20s as were my classmates for this storyline. I was glad that my alien friend had programmed it for me. I have only been to a few country music events in the holodeck.

   I was back in my room a minute later watching Luke in “Roller Coaster”. They have been showing that video way too much lately.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...