Sunday, February 9, 2020

Dreamtime-
February 7, 2010- A Day in the Park

Mom, Aunt Ann and I were in a very nice park on a beautiful day. This was a pretty big one that had lots of fun things to do in it. They had a petting zoo with mostly farm animals that we went to. I loved the adorable sheep and the donkey. We were thinking about going to a lecture about local wildlife and flowers in a small building nearby this but decided not to.

  We went to a farm stand that sold a lot of locally grown fruit and vegetables. Mom got her Jersey tomatoes for sandwiches. I bought some strawberries to mix with vanilla Greek yogurt. A good sized greenhouse was next to that.  It had many pretty flowers. My aunt bought a few plants there.

   We walked towards a lake. I saw that you could rent canoes to go out on it. I was thinking about my 4th grade camping trip and how our class went canoeing. I think that my parents were there for this too.

   Not far from the lake was a minor league baseball stadium. I saw a billboard type sign advertising a concert that was going to be there that night- Rob Thomas. I was thinking that I really would love to be at that and also wondering if he would be performing a few Matchbox Twenty songs.

   Maybe my alien friend put a ticket to this event in my purse as part of the holodeck storyline. I checked but there wasn’t one in it. Perhaps he would add this detail a little later on. I would be so happy if he did, but if not I would be glad that had such a great day with my family here.

   Mom and Aunt Ann were sitting on a bench. I told them that I was going to take a short walk into the woods. I went towards the stream in there; I saw a raccoon near it. I used to collect raccoon stuff when I was a kid.

   I noticed a rope and plank bridge going across the stream but I was too afraid to go on it. I had to get back to my family then. We planned on going to a quaint log cabin restaurant that was also in the park for dinner.

   During the walk to this cabin, I saw a basketball court. 4 cute guys were playing on it.  There was a hill not far from that. A young couple was walking up it. Their gorgeous Golden Retriever was in front of them. I wanted to go over and pet it but didn’t.

    Dinner was delicious. Mom and Aunt Ann both had the chicken parmesan, which is what they often get when we go out to eat. I had the turkey burger and a salad. We were talking about mystery novels during the meal. Just as we were about to order dessert, I was no longer in the restaurant.

    I had been returned to my bedroom on Earth. I could hear my brother complaining to Mom downstairs. I wished that I was still in the park and maybe even soon to be at the concert. It was so peaceful and pleasant there, so unlike my home environment.





Rob Thomas
 
Note- the last photo is from the internet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...