Friday, February 7, 2020

Dreamtime-
August 5, 2008- Duran Duran at College
I was in my bedroom only it didn’t have any windows. When I opened the door, I discovered that my room had been re-created in a very different setting that of what resembled the community college that I had taken classes at in the late 80s and early 90s.
   I did some exploring and noticed that there were not that many doors or windows here. I hadn’t noticed any exit doors either. I went into the cafeteria. The food here looked good. There hadn’t been a purse in my room so I couldn’t buy anything.
    I had only encountered about 6 people so far. Three of these included the girls who were now seated at one of the tables. I was feeling very tired now probably due to some sort of alien influence. I sat down and lay my head on the table to rest.
   A little while later, I heard some men talking nearby. When I looked up I saw 3 familiar people- John Taylor, Roger Taylor, and Simon Le Bon. I am usually happy to see them but for some reason this time I was not in a good mood. I also was feeling very overwhelmed and missed my Buffy pup.
   I overheard them mentioning a filming schedule for the video that they were shooting there. It was odd but interesting that they had chosen this location for that.
   I ran out of the room and tried going back to my bedroom but couldn’t find it; it was as if it had disappeared. I then saw Roger and a camera guy walking in my direction. I panicked and hid in one of the classrooms.
   I sat on the floor under the teachers’ desk. I felt like crying. I heard the door being opened and was a little scared. I saw John coming towards me.  Were they going to use this room for filming?
   He gave me a comforting hug and then left. That was extremely peculiar but also kind of nice. When I went out into the hallway, I saw a guy who looked like Brendan Fraser standing near the lockers. He smiled and said “Everything is going to be alright.”
   I decided to go back to the cafeteria but after seeing an Exit sign suddenly appear nearby, I went towards that instead. I couldn’t figure out why I seemed to be the only one who had been trapped inside this environment. I hoped that I would be able to finally go outside.
   The door did open for me. I walked a little ways to a parking lot. I wondered if my car- either my own 2005 Kia or Mom’s 1984 Buick Century which often shows up in these holodeck storylines- was here. I didn’t have a key for any vehicle though.
   I was no longer even there a minute later. I was back in my room in reality. My sweet spaniel Buffy was sitting on the latch hook rug that Grandma-at-the-farm had made for me. I gave her a big hug. She makes me happier than any music group, including Duran Duran, ever could.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...