Monday, February 10, 2020


August 26, 2015- DD Presale Ticket Day and Buffy
   I am so relieved that the tickets for the MSG show went on sale today. I found out about this yesterday in an email. I was so freakin’ anxious about it, worrying about all that could go wrong, including the computer not working.
   I won’t have to miss out on a day at the Open to purchase a ticket as I feared might be the case. Even the regular sale starts before next week- this Friday. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are sold out by then.
   I have been beating myself up a little about not grabbing the seat that was first selected for me. It was in the row M of the center 100 section. My annoying bad side wanted to be in the left section. There were no seats available there though. By the time I did another search, I could only get row E of the center 200 section.
   I am happy that I was able to get this ticket even though I am disappointed that I didn’t get closer. The price difference between the 2 sections was high, like around $90.00 with the fees. Maybe it is better that I got the cheaper seat.
   Honestly, you will be able to see JT just as well from a center section as you will from the left so why did you feel the need to further look into being there? This is just oh so absurd. I am picturing all his obsessed devoted fans snatching up the tickets in that area very quickly. Maybe I will get to be close to him on September 14 but that is highly unlikely.
    I kind of slipped up when talking to my brother about this ticket purchase. All along I had been mentioning that I was doing this for Jenny. At one point I did say something like I guess that I will have a good view from this seat. I had to add “if I were going to this show with Jenny”.
    He thinks that I want to wait for them to be in the regular Garden. Well, naturally I will want to go to that show as well but that won’t be until at least early spring of next year. That is just so far away; I could not pass up on the opportunity to see them this fall.
   On Facebook, I shared a post of a beautiful cocker spaniel who reminded me of our Buffy. Seeing this made me feel a little sad though, especially after I read something about Buffy’s illness in my old journal. I hadn’t remembered that we first found out that she was dying in June of 2009; that was a year and 5 months before we had her put to sleep.
   The poor girl had so many problems- liver, pancreas, and heart. She was so brave though. Even though the vet told us that we took good care of her, we always say that we should have done more for her. I have gone on and on about this so much throughout the years in my journals but I can’t help it.
   I wish that that guy had been Buffy’s vet all along. I am so mad at the female vet for not giving us good advice regarding the steroid allergy meds. She promised that she would tell us when the levels in her blood were too high so that we could take her off of them if so. But she let things get so bad and by that time it was too late.
   Losing our Buffy much too soon- she was 12 and probably could have live another 2-3 years if not for her horrible illness. Our not brushing her teeth fucked up her heart. I only did so a little over the years. She had a teeth cleaning and a special bath to help her allergy condition in July of 2009.
   She was suffering a lot that last year and a half. It is so sad seeing how frail she looks in photos and videos of her from then.
   I wish that I had been able to figure out how to use the video mode of my camera much sooner so I would have some clips of her before she got very sickly looking. I got that camera in December of 2008. It wasn’t until a couple of days before her death that I saw that it wasn’t as hard as I thought that it would be to work the video recorder on it.
   I am definitely much more emotional and heartbroken about this than I am about any of my DD fiascos, including the encore one. Buffy meant more to me than this music group ever could.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...