Wednesday, February 19, 2020


September 15, 2015- Duran Duran- Terminal 5- NYC

I was so excited that I got to be in the front row of a Duran Duran concert for the first time ever. Gina, the girl that I was hanging out with before the show, was so happy about this too.

   We were all the way over to the left which was would have been better if not for that mini keyboard thing blocking the view of JT occasionally. You could see his bass then but not his face.

   I tried not letting this get to me and focusing on Simon and the rest of the gang more than but my fucked up brain wouldn’t fully let go of that disappointment. It didn’t seem to bother Gina that much; I wish that I could be more like her.

   She also likes John. She learned how to play the bass because of him.  It is interesting that at the past two shows I have wound up meeting and becoming Facebook friends with girls who have this in common with me. I am still ashamed to admit that I actually have a favorite. A big part of me just wants to say that I just like the music.

   Her favorite song is “New Moon on Monday”. She hasn’t seen them in concert since 2000, I think. My memory hasn’t been that great lately. She did say that she has the tour book from 1994.

   The concert was really good. The opening act was not bad. I don’t remember their name or any of the songs though.

   It was funny that both of us said that we don’t really care for “White Lines” and “Wild Boys”. At the beginning of both, we were making faces of disapproval at one another about this.

   They performed “Too Much Information” which I have never seen in concert before. I am pretty sure that I read that they haven’t done this at a show since 2001.

   I finally got to see them perform “Girls on Film” this year. They hadn’t done it at the Bethlehem show which some fans were upset about there. I won’t even get into that whole missing it at the Port Chester encore incident again.

   I just wish that I hadn’t mentioned that incident to the lawyer guy in line behind me. He said that I should have stuck around. He also told me that they hardly ever perform “Careless Memories”.

   I didn’t need to hear this. The self-criticism routine about it is starting again now. I had told Jenny about this too. She sympathized with me. I am sure that she wouldn’t have left that night. She is such a devoted fan.

  I didn’t meet Gina until we were in a waiting area in the terrace on the inside of this venue. It was kind of a strange place. I was just so glad that I had splurged on the ticket and that everything worked out.

   There was an Irish guy behind me that spilled some of his beer on me which was upsetting. Geez, the only times that this has ever happened to me has been at two DD shows. I probably wouldn’t be as upset about it if it were at any other concerts.

   I nearly left my bag with the print-out ticket and folder in it at that venue. I had that bag tied to my purse. I hadn’t even noticed that it fell off there during the show. Luckily, I noticed this before we left that place. Thank goodness it was close to the spot we had been in.

   Well, I finally listened to the Paper Gods CD. It is excellent. I am sure that most fans would wonder what took me so long to listen to it. I have had it for 3 days now. I was mostly watching TV over the weekend. And listening to my country music.

   I am anxious about going to see them at the “Today” show in two days, mainly because of having to socialize with Jenny. You would think that I would feel more comfortable interacting with people by now but it never gets easier, unfortunately.

   I am also feeling happy that she asked me to come along with her. It was nice that she thought of me. We surely are going to have wonderful time. We will be taking a very early train- 1:45- to get there so we can try to get close to the stage. I just hope that they open the barrier up and let the people towards the front move up even closer like they did at the Lady A show last fall.


John Taylor
 
Note- the concert photo was taken by Gina.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...