Monday, February 17, 2020


September 6+13- Duran Duran Stuff-
September 6
There is another DD event coming up on Thursday, September 17th. They will be a part of the “Today Show” concert series then. I did enter the contest to try to win a fan pass but it is highly doubtful that I will get this because they already gave me one this summer for Alan Jackson that I wasn’t even able to use.
   It says that you should contact them if unable to show up for the event but I didn’t; maybe they hold this against you. I didn’t know that I would be so tired after that Chris Young concert the night before that I couldn’t go there for this.
   I looked at the train schedule and noticed that there is a 1:56 a.m. one. Would I be crazy enough to take this so I could get to the Plaza by 3:00 with hopes of getting a good spot for this concert? I really don’t know if I will feel up to doing that, although part of me really, really would like to try.
   I feel like I have some sort of sickness when it comes to Duran Duran these days. I will be so happy if I am able to be close to the stage at that private show, and for the mini-concert as well. I am not getting my hopes up about this though. I just pray that nothing bad will happen that prevents me from attending both events.
 
September 13
 I got Duran Duran’s new album in the mail yesterday. I haven’t listened to it yet and don’t plan on doing so until probably Tuesday. Mike thought that the package was his David Gilmour CD.
   I am still debating about what to do regarding Thursday’s DD event. Should I really go into the city the night before and hang out there? Part of me wants to get away from this negative environment then. I don’t want to tire myself out though. But I probably would have trouble sleeping anyhow because of the excitement. And knowing that I would be getting up at 12:50 a.m. to get the 1:56 train.
   I still can’t believe that I won the fan pass for that. When I saw this in my email I was beyond happy. A little later, I did the Snoopy dance of joy in the basement. How embarrassing.
   I don’t want to get too excited about either event, however, because something bad might happen to prevent me from being at one or both of them.
   I hope that they bring Wrangler outside on the Plaza so I get to see that cute doggie. That would make my day even more special.
   DD is doing an album signing in the city on October 7 but it is for the lucky ones who were the first 400 who bought this at the store that it is being held at. They got a wristband for it. The event hadn’t even been posted on Facebook until a day after this started. I am thinking that maybe the VIP fan club members got an advanced email about it.
   One of their fans who I follow on FB was lucky enough to be one of the first 300 who will get the privilege of meeting them at the signing in CA.  I’m happy for her.
   I forgot that they were on “CBS Sunday Morning” today. I saw my DVR taping this morning then remembered that this was on. I didn’t put it on to watch then though. I was in the mood for catching up on the “Perry Mason” episodes that I had taped the past 2 weeks. I have just 2 more now.
   I found out today that the new Chris Young album will be released on November 13th. I can’t wait to get that. The title song from this was #1 on the countdown on GAC. I just happened to put this on when the girl said that an announcement for Chris Young fans was coming up after the commercial break.
   I will have to buy the Luke Bryan CD with the 3 bonus songs on it when I go to Target after Walmart on Saturday. When my DD one from that store arrived in the mail, I told my brother that it was Luke Bryan one so that he wouldn’t get annoyed that I have 2 versions of the same DD album.
   He had wondered why I got another Rio one; I told him that this has alternate versions of songs on it. I am sure that he was thinking that I am obsessed with them, more so now than he ever has before. I get so mad when he tells me that I am. It makes me feel as if I am doing something wrong for liking them a lot.
 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...