Friday, February 21, 2020


September 18, 2015- Duran Duran- “Today” Show- Part 1

Jenny picked me up at around 1:20 yesterday. We were waiting in her car until the train arrived. DD’s Paper Gods was playing on her stereo.

   Of course, my brother thinks that we are obsessed for getting up so early to attend this event. I don’t even care that thinks that about me regarding DD anymore. I am allowed to like them a lot.

   We were on line at the studio by 2:50. About 10 people were already there. The one was the girl who had been first in line at both the Terminal 5 and Port Chester shows.

   We got to see the DD guys arriving there. Well, we didn’t see John until Jenny played her video of this. He had gone inside so quickly that we missed him. Nick was shaking a couple of people’s hands which was nice.

   Kelly, the girl behind me, likes country music. I heard her talking to someone about some of the country stars who have done the concert series for this show. I told her that I had a pass for Alan Jackson but was unable to go. She had been there for that.

   I mentioned that I had been at the Chris Young concert at the Westbury in LI. She showed me a photo of her and him together; I was a little jealous. She is one of my Facebook friends now.

   We didn’t get into the Plaza to see the entire sound check of “Ordinary World” I don’t know why they had waited so long to start the process of letting us in.

   Jenny motioned for me to go over to the right because we would be closer to the stage there. It seemed as if a lot of the girls were making a mad dash to the left- must have been those devoted JT fans.

   Jenny and I were really upset that the guy employee (not sure of his job title) was handing out the wristbands that entitled you to move up closer to the stage to the people behind us. That was so unfair. We and the others in the front row had been waiting there a lot longer than they had.

   I tried not to let this spoil my enjoyment of this event but it was in the back of my mind off and on throughout it.

   The songs that they performed were “Ordinary World”, “Last Night in the City”, “Pressure Off”, and “Hungry Like the Wolf”. They also did a bit of “Notorious”; I guess that this was lead in to the return of the show from a commercial break or vice-versa.

   The live audience got a treat- a bonus song, “Save a Prayer.” We were all happy about that. The time seemed to pass by so quickly during the show unlike the wait before it when it was dragging by.

   Savannah called their new album “Paper Goods” which was kind of funny. I am sure that she was embarrassed. I can’t remember if it was Simon or John who corrected her. 

  
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...