Sunday, March 8, 2020


October 9, 2015- Duran Duran- Fall Fest- MSG
I hadn’t been at a concert in this venue since the Duran Duran one in 2011. They remodeled the lobby/ticketing area. I asked the employee how long ago they did so but I don’t remember what she told me.
   A Ricky Martin concert was going on in the regular Garden. Nicole told me that she was going to that but she would have gone to the DD one if it hadn’t been on the same night.
   I have never been to the Theater part of this venue before. I waited in an area where other DD fans had gathered. One girl was wearing a John Taylor t-shirt. I really didn’t feel like talking to anyone so I just listened to them.
   Originally, there had been only 2 other performers, Adam Lambert and Rachel Platten, listed for this event. They added 2 more- ones that I can’t recall the names of now. I was worrying that we wouldn’t get much DD that night but I was pleasantly surprised that they did 11 songs.
   They were on stage last, of course. During “Pressure Off” there was confetti which looked cool. I really enjoyed their performance.
   I was talking to the girl next to me, Allison. She was with her brother. I found out that they had also missed the encore at the Port Chester show. They were really upset about this. It was good having someone to share this extreme disappointment with.
   Amy and Sharon had empathized with me about it but only someone who went through the same experience could truly understand this.
    They said that many people in that balcony area that they were in left too. They noticed that most of the ones down below had stayed. Cute guy and I must have been two of just a handful of people who had given up on DD returning to the stage then.
   I probably should have used the binoculars more. The too much or too little usage of them at concerts often seems to be an issue with me.
     I was too busy focusing my binoculars on Simon to even notice that John had gone over to the microphone to say something at the end of the show. I wish that I could remember what it was. I was beating myself up a little about this. I seem to not be able to get things right when it comes to John these days.
   I actually liked Adam Lambert’s performance. I didn’t think that I would get that into it. He did a version of Chris Isaak’s “Wicked Game”. Rachel Platten’s was okay.
   I am so glad that I got a ticket for this concert. At first I didn’t think that my seat would be that great but it was better than I expected.
   I had passed on a seat in row M of the front, middle section which I was regretting. It is better that I did so for that ticket was nearly double the cost of mine. I was in the 5th row of the second section. The venue isn’t that big which was nice.
   Allison wishes that they had performed “The Reflex” and “Planet Earth”. I would have loved to have seen John’s bass playing on the latter. I wish that there was a video clip of mostly just this.
   The concert didn’t end until midnight. I was running to catch the 12:08 train and luckily made it there in time.
   Did Simon say that their new album is top 10 on the Billboard charts? Or was is top 20? I will have to check this out. He did mention that this is the first time in 22 years since this has happened. That is so cool.
   I might just listen to it for only the 2nd or 3rd time ever this weekend. I was going to put this off until next week because I was trying to avoid DD after screwing up at the signing but after seeing this show I am back in the mood for their music.





 
Note- the concert photos are from the internet
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...