Wednesday, March 4, 2020

October 8, 2015- Duran Duran Album Signing-Part 2


   I was trying to tell myself that it was okay that I didn’t talk to John because I had done so two times back then. This only helped a little bit. It would have been great if I had gotten to interact with him again.

    Someone behind me actually asked John if they could do a fist bump which seemed strange. He did this though. Earlier, I had seen John acting goofy; he was dancing in place a little.

   I hung out with Nicole and a couple of other girls in that store for a little while. It felt sort of nice to be socializing with other DD fans. But as always I felt awkward and like an outsider.

   Afterwards, I helped a couple from Minnesota to find the right subway to get on. They were also going to Penn Station.

    I would have been home an hour earlier and gotten to watch the season premiere of “Supernatural” if I wasn’t such a frightened freak. I watched that this morning while drinking my mocha iced coffee, of course.

   That whole experience feels like another one of my strange holodeck dreams anyhow. Maybe it would be best if I pretend that it was then I won’t feel as bad about my screw ups.

   A small part of me is excited about the fact that I finally got to meet the guys of my favorite group. I am sure that some fans would be jealous of me. And they might wonder why I am dwelling on the negatives of it.

   I am sort of wishing that I had gotten the wristband and CD for my brother. If he had been with me, he would not have been afraid to inquire about the line situation. He might have said something to John or the others that would have embarrassed me but that might have been kind of funny.

  I thought of something else stupid that I said yesterday. I saw that the CD case of the girl next to me looked different on the inside than mine so I was commenting about this at around the time that John was signing it. If I had not said this than maybe I would have thought to thank him for signing mine.

   I am so dense. The reason that the other girl’s CD looked different on the inside of the case is that it was the regular version of it. I hadn’t realized until then that I had picked up the deluxe version. Then I forgot that this is blank in that area. I am glad that I had this one because their signatures are not over any writing.

   I am beating myself up over yet another thing regarding this event now. I probably shouldn’t have even wasted time trying to get good photos of them. I should have just been observing and listening to them and their fans more.  That would have been very interesting.

   I am letting Mike do all of the talking when we meet Lee Majors in two weeks and two days. I don’t want to possibly say something stupid to him.
Simon and Me



 
Note- these are 3 photos are Nicole's. They are so much nicer than the ones that I took.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...