Wednesday, March 11, 2020


November 22, 2015

Bullies/Mean Kids

I was sitting at our picnic table with a couple of neighborhood girls when suddenly one of them threw her gum into my hair and was laughing.  Mom tried using peanut butter to get it out. I don’t remember if this worked or not. Maybe she had to cut it out.

  My kindergarten classmate, Michelle F, wouldn’t let me play with any of the dolls one day. I was very upset about this.

   A boy almost threw my Beary Bear down the sewer drain. Well, he was really Mike’s stuffed animal but I considered him partly mine too. I was feeling scared and nearly cried. I also wished that I hadn’t even taken Beary along on that bike ride with me.

   Some of my grade school classmates and Girl Scout troop members used to pick on me, calling me names like “Brace Face” and “Four eyes “ These girls have shown up in my dreams but they often were nice to me.

   Mike got picked on even worse than me. “Mike disease” and they’d also use his middle name of Francis, saying that it was a girlie one.

   It was terrible that his gym teacher and some of his classmates made fun of him for the way that he was doing his jumping jacks. That teacher got in trouble for this. Both of us hated that class; we were always the last or next to last to be picked for teams.

   There were a couple of other things that he might have gotten teased about. He had speech problems when he was a little kid and had to go to therapy. L was one of the letters that he had trouble saying. He also couldn’t really tie his shoes up until about early 2nd grade. Sometimes, our friend Kelly had to help him do so.

   A couple of his classmates threw eggs at our house once and it wasn’t even Mischief Night (October 30). I think that their Dads made them apologize. Mike told me that the one boy had punched him in the arm and called him names too

    I defended him against a neighborhood bully when he was about 9 years old. We were in the field across from our house. I grabbed the boy’s arm and said “Leave my brother alone!”

   Unfortunately, I was stupid and agreed to a rematch against the jerk. His 2 friends were there. Kelly and Mike came with me. He hit me in the face and I ran. I always wished that I had said “So you think you are so tough beating up on a girl” or something like that.

   A boy was walking behind me in the hallway of our high school. I heard him saying “Evil eye” a couple of times. I turned around and saw that it was one of Mike’s classmates who had picked on him in grade school. Was he implying that I was an ugly witch or something like that?
 
Beary Bear
 
 
 

                                                                           

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...