Saturday, March 28, 2020

Dreamtime-

November 16, 2014- Strange Building                                                                                                       

Mom and I were visiting Aunt Ann for a couple of days. We had taken the train to get there. She had picked us up from Trenton station. We went to Columbus Flea Market, a couple of thrift shops and a few other stores. She took us out for lunch a couple of times. We looked as we did in the mid-1990s.

   It was odd that Dad was taking us home. My parents were divorced in this reality too but got along okay. He had been to Columbus Market and picked us up afterwards. His car was the 1976 Chevy Malibu station wagon. He had that until about 1990.

   I was feeling so tired that I had to take a nap during the ride home. When I woke up, I saw that we were close to NYC. Why were we going there? I found out that Mom had a dentist appointment in the city. This was bizarre because she really goes to a dental clinic in New Brunswick.

   I was feeling even more exhausted when sitting in the waiting area with them. I had a feeling that the mean aliens were somehow causing me to feel this way. I fell asleep and when I woke up saw that the setting had entirely changed.

    I was in a waiting area but in a nightclub. I saw lots of posters of music stars from the 1980s on the wall, including The Thompson Twins, Depeche Mode, Howard Jones, Duran Duran and a few of just John Taylor. I also heard “Our House” by Madness playing on a stereo system.

    There were 8 other people here. Two of them were sitting behind a reception type desk. Was I in the same building as before?  I did try leaving it only I wound up right back inside which made me feel like I was trapped here.

   I went back to my seat. Sitting nearby was a guy who resembled John Taylor, circa 1983. He was dressed in a red top, black leather pants, and a black jacket. He saw that I looked anxious and told me not to worry and to just enjoy myself.

   We started talking. His name was Joe. I saw a guy who looked like Howard Jones and then heard Joe saying “He’s cute” about him which made me smile.

   A girl in an outfit like Pat Benatar wore in her “Love is a Battlefield” video approached Joe. She seemed really interested in him. He told her that he has a boyfriend.

   She was disappointed but then moved onto another John Taylor double, circa 1981. He was wearing a white puffy shirt and black leather pants and had the burgundy hair. Joe said “not bad” about his outfit.

   I was feeling a little less anxious now. Joe said that it was time to go inside. I don’t normally like nightclubs and have only been to one ever (in NYC for a 2009 DD Megabash event). Luckily, the music wasn’t so loud as it had been there.

   This place had video screens. “The Reflex’ had just started. Joe said that this is one of his favorite Duran Duran songs. He asked me to come out onto the dance floor with him. I was hesitant but he convinced me to do so. I wasn’t even feeling that embarrassed unlike in the real world.

   After that, I told Joe that I had to go to the restroom and that I would meet him at one of the tables when I got back. Unfortunately, the scene faded and I was now in my actual bedroom. I wished that I could have been at that club for a little longer.
Columbus Flea Market





 
Note- Columbus Flea Market and Pat Benatar photos are from the internet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...