Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Dreamtime

April 19, 2014- An Autograph Show

I was at an autograph signing show but it was in a different type of setting. This really big space had tables set up flea market style. Some of these had merchandise on them.

    I didn’t know who the guest stars were yet. I was alone now but later I would find out that my brother, Cousin Tony, Mom, and Dad were here too.

   I noticed an area that had nearly all of the “Happy Days” stars, including Ron Howard- as if he would ever be at one of these events. I overheard a lady saying that she was disappointed that Scott Baio wasn’t there. Nearby was the actress who played Julie on “The Love Boat”.

   I saw my brother coming towards me. He asked me if I had seen Lee Majors yet which I had not. We went to his table for his autograph. I was a little worried that Mike would say something that would embarrass me but luckily he didn’t.

   He told him that we had recently gotten into his show “The Big Valley” and that we had seen his costar Linda Evans at another show. That did happen in reality. He mentioned that we enjoyed his other shows “The Six Million Dollar Man” and “The Fall Guy” too.

   After this, Mike went with Tony to look at Godzilla merchandise. They also were going to meet two of the Bond girls, Maud Adams and Tanya Roberts.

    I saw a table with Duran Duran stuff. I bought a couple of nice photos of John Taylor. I wasn’t even thinking that one or more of the guys from that group would be here. When I looked at the table next to this, I saw Simon Le Bon sitting there.

    I was a bit nervous but did go over to talk to him. I told him that I couldn’t afford his autograph because I was trying to save up for a trip to Toronto to visit my friend Sharon. He said that this was alright and to have fun when I do go there.

   I did better with him than I did when meeting John Taylor. It still seems surreal that this actually happened.

   Roger Taylor was at the table next to his but a few girls were chatting with him so I didn’t bother approaching him. Maybe I would go back there later.

   It was odd but good that this there wasn’t a big crowd at this event. I hadn’t seen Mom and Dad yet. Mike had told me earlier that they were getting lunch in a cafeteria style place.

   I spotted Mike talking to David Gilmour. It was interesting that we both got to meet music stars that we greatly admire.

   I saw the 3 actors from “Riptide”- Perry King, Thom Bray, and Joe Penny. I used to have a crush on the former. I was too afraid to go over to their table.

   Mike and I went to meet two “Battlestar Galactica” stars, Dirk Benedict and Richard Hatch. He already has the latter’s autograph. He shook our hands when we met him for real. I was a little ashamed for thinking that I was more impressed by John Taylor’s handshake.

    He was excited to see the former; he missed out on the opportunity to meet him at a show a couple of years ago. After getting his autograph, we met up with our cousin, Mom, and Dad. They were at a Western items table.

   Mom showed us a photo of Roy Rogers that she had purchased. She actually met him at a rodeo in MSG. I forget when, maybe the mid or late 1960s. She would be adding that to her scrapbook with other Roy Rogers stuff. She probably had a crush on him.

   Just as Dad was about to show us the autograph that he got, the scene began to fade quickly. It would have been nice if I could have chatted with Roger before this fascinating storyline ended.
The Love Boat

Happy Days
Lee Majors


Riptide-Perry King (right)

Roger Taylor

Simon Le Bon


Richard Hatch & Dirk Benedict
 
Note- photos from the internet- Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...