Sunday, March 22, 2020


December 16, 2015- Movie Memories

 It was great that we got to see a lot of movies for free thanks to Aunt Joan and her friend Ed who always seemed like an uncle to us. She worked at the Elmora Theatre. I think that 1984 was the last year of this- Amadeus. That film was kind of boring to me but Dad seemed to like it; he’s into classical music.  

   Ed used to work as a projectionist at movie theaters and a drive-in was one of them. I think that was in Union; we saw Jaws there.

   He showed us some movies at our house too – Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Willie Wonka. I think that one or maybe even both were at my birthday parties. One summer night in the mid-70s we watched Young Frankenstein in our yard. These were all such good times.

   Mike and I are still wondering why our parents never took us to see Star Wars which would have been for free also. We did see The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi at our Aunt’s theater.

   We saw the re-releases of all 3 films in 1997 but that’s just not the same esp. because of the digital enhancements and added scenes. I’ve seen old footage of people waiting in long lines to see Star Wars and wish that we had seen it back then too.

  In the summer of 1979, Cousin Fran took Mike, her sister Missy, and me to a drive-in to see Roller Boogie. I also saw The Black Stallion and The Black Hole there with those 2 cousins. I had thought that Mike was with us too but he said that he wasn’t.





1985-Tacony-Palmyra Drive In

1973-Elmora Theatre




 
Note- the first 3 photos are mine, the others are from the internet. Elmora Theatre- from American Classic Images
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...