Tuesday, March 3, 2020


October 8, 2015- Duran Duran Album Signing-Part 1

I took the noon bus to the train station. My brother was also on it because he was going to his group therapy in Elizabeth.

   I had a lot of time before the signing event. I looked around in some stores. I saw a nice bunny blouse in H & M that I wish that I had bought. I went to Old Navy but didn’t really see anything that great there.

   I did see many nice things in Macy’s but even the sales prices were way about my budget. I was so tempted to buy one of the two pretty cross necklaces that would have cost about $19.00. I was a good girl though. I wasted so much money on my jewelry addiction in the past.

   I ate my sandwich and granola bar in the train station before taking the subway to Century 21. I was feeling kind of out of it and also very scared. I should have asked an employee about the line situation right away but didn’t because of this.

   I wound up walking looking around the store for like an hour. There really wasn’t much of interest there plus the prices are kind of high. I did see a cute owl sweater. I thought about buying a photo album that was reasonably priced but didn’t.

   I went over to the music area. I hadn’t seen anybody on the line there and that was at around 4:30. This seemed odd to me. I still was too afraid and ashamed to ask anybody about this. It wasn’t until an employee asked if I needed help that I did so. I even told him about my embarrassment.

   He told me to go onto the line that was outside. I hate my idiot brain for not even thinking that this is where it would be forming. I had gone into the entrance on the street before the one that is mentioned on the ad for this event. I would have seen the line had I been on that one.

   I can’t remember the exact time that I finally got on the line; it might have been 4:45. The signing was scheduled to begin at 6:00.

    I was so upset at myself for being so stupid. I would have been on line an hour earlier had I not been. I did start talking to a nice Asian American girl, Nicole, but was feeling pretty anxious when doing so.

   She recommended that I turn the cameras’ flash off. It might be annoying to the DD guys if this was on. I hadn’t really thought about that. I wound up taking some crappy shots. Nicole sent me some of her good ones via email.

   I got so nervous when I was near John at the table that I couldn’t even look at him. How ridiculous is that? I didn’t say anything to him either.  I should have been brave enough to say “hello” and “thank you”.

   I did alright with Nick and Roger. I did mess up a bit with Simon but at least I talked to him.

   I had dropped my bag. Someone picked it up and handed it to me. I said that I am so klutzy. Roger said that he is that way too. He is just so adorable. I can see why some girls see him as their favorite.

   I had wanted to tell Simon that “Pressure Off” has been playing in my head a lot lately. Why did I mention that I had been afraid to even get on this line instead? That was not too bright.

   He hadn’t heard what I said then and said “Excuse me?”. I was so embarrassed and just moved away from the table.

   A pro photographer was at that end of it. You could go to the stores’ Facebook page to get your photo. I was happy that the picture of Simon and me came out good. I was also wishing that the one of John and me 3 years earlier had been that nice as well.



 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...