Monday, March 9, 2020


October 24, 2015- Chiller Theatre Show

Part of me wanted to stay home today but I am glad that I didn’t. I probably would have regretted not meeting Lee Majors.

   I was having the illogical thought of “Why should I even bother going when I botched up my encounter with Duran Duran who I like a lot more than him”

  I think that I did an okay job of interacting with him. I wasn’t as nervous as I was when meeting Duran Duran. He shook our hands. My brother and I picked out the same photo for him to sign. We got a “Big Valley” one; he put his character’s name, Heath, under his signature.

   I saw some nice “The Six Million Dollar Man” photos. I was too afraid to ask the other guy at the table if I could just buy one of those.

   We were talking to Mr. Major’s wife, Faith, for a little while. She was very nice.

   He was in an area that is known as the Living Room. Ralph Macchio and C. Thomas Howell, who I have seen at this event before, were too. Others here included Paul Sorvino, Richard Thomas, Robby Benson, and stars from “Hee Haw” (one was Barbie Benton) and “Petticoat Junction”.

   The two stars from Escape to Witch Mountain, a movie that I liked when I was a kid, were in another room. Mike went over to talk to the guy. I forget his name; hers is Kim Richards. I didn’t really feel like going near that table though.

   John James (“Dynasty”), John Amos (“Good Times”), and Antonio Fargas (Huggy Bear- “Starsky and Hutch”) were in there too as well as Veronica Cartwright.

   Tony wanted to see her but she was on a break. We waited for at least 15 minutes but then gave up. Her sister Angela was in the “Lost in Space” room with 3 other of that show’s stars. You couldn’t see them unless you were getting an autograph.

   It was the same story for the “Batman” stars. Mike wanted Julie Newmar’s (Catwoman) so I waited on the line with him.

   We looked in the two vendor rooms. Mike and I got some 8X10s from one guy. We both got the same two shots of “The Big Valley”. He also bought some of 3 or 4 other shows, including “Perry Mason” and “Batman”.

   He got a boxed set of the Frankenstein movies too. Tony bought a Godzilla mask. He had been debating on whether to get it or not; I knew that he would.

  After this, we went to a Chinese Buffet for dinner. We stopped at Tony’s house to pick up his daughter, Debbie first. He had called her to find out if she was interested in coming with us.

   I feel anxious at buffet style eateries. I like having a menu in which I can usually find something that I know is healthy and also have a better idea of calorie contents. I am sure that my brother would accuse me of being anorexic again if he knew that I was thinking this.

   I was also experiencing social anxiety when talking to Debbie at first. Once we got onto the music topic, I wasn’t feeling as nervous. She loves talking about her Kpop (Korean pop) as I do about Duran Duran.

   I mentioned the autograph signing incident to her. She sympathized with me and mentioned that one of her friends froze when meeting her favorite Kpop star.

   I sort of wish that I had gone to more of these shows with him and my brother. I had been to one other with them, another with Dad and Mike (we met up with Tony there) and a couple with a former boyfriend. It is interesting observing the stars and also the fans at them.

    My socialization tank was on empty by the end of the day. It is pathetic that doing so zaps my mental energy and that it seems so difficult.




 
Note- bottom 2 photos are from the internet.

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...