Sunday, March 29, 2020


February 26- Chris Young and DD

The Chris concert was good. I got close to the stage, like a 3rd row behind the VIP people who had been let in first. I had stood on the line outside for 2 and a half hours.

   Even though I enjoyed this experience, my mind was wandering during it. I hate that one of the thoughts was that I wish that I could be this close to the stage at a Duran Duran concert again. I was also beating myself up over my DD screw ups of 2015 once more.

   I wish that I had mainly been focusing on Simon at the Terminal 5 show. I will never get to be that near him again. I didn’t need to pay a lot of attention to bassist guy then. I have done so enough before.

   It isn’t good that I couldn’t wait until the show was over so I could go home to bed. I was lucky enough to get to Penn Station in time for the 11:06 train. I was in bed by 12:05. I thought that I might sleep later than usual but my internal alarm got me up by 5 a.m.

   I just wasn’t feeling that enthused about the music as I was at his show in Long Island last summer. Maybe part of the reason was that I was still feeling a little sick. I wasn’t even going gaga over him like I used to either. Maybe I am over that crush by now.

   I feel bad for thinking that I would have rather been at another country artist’s concert, like Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, or Garth Brooks.

   I didn’t lie to my brother about where I was going. I just didn’t feel like inventing a cover story. I will definitely have to come up with a few of those for the DD concerts though. He teased me about Chris, naturally.

   I should have been more into my 3 favorite songs- “Aw Naw”, “You”, and “Who I am With You” but I just wasn’t feeling that excited about them. I couldn’t help thinking that I wish that I had been at that whole DD show in Port Chester to see “Careless Memories”. I certainly would have been very enthused about that.

   Crap- I am sounding super obsessed with that group again, aren’t I? I couldn’t even go a night in which I was supposed to be fully enjoying my country boy’s concert without thinking about them. That is pretty bad.

   My head hurts a lot this morning because of my cold and the loudness of the music last night. Great-my brother just slammed the front door so now it is feeling worse.

   I am glad that I layered up my outfit yesterday; the temps were colder than I expected plus the wind made things worse.

   I was sitting in Penn Station for like an hour and 20 minutes reading my James Patterson book and eating my dinner before heading to the theater. I finished that novel while on line there. I had started it last July. It is pathetic that it took me so long to complete. It is the only book that I have read in this time period.

   The opening act, Cassadee Pope, was okay. She did a cover version of Billy Joel’s “Movin’ Out”.   

   Mike is excited that Peter Davison has been added to the guest list at the LI Doctor Who convention. I am happy for him. It would be nice if this event could be in my budget. My funds have been mostly devoted to Duran Duran stuff this past year.

   I probably will be going to the Chiller Theatre show with him and Tony in April. The 3 main stars of “CHiPs” are going to be there. They probably will be in a separate room like the “Batman” ones were last time which sucks.

   That would mean that I would have to get an autograph in order to see them. I wouldn’t mind getting that of Robert Pine, but do I really need this? I will think about it.

  I didn’t really journal much about Chris, did I? I just don’t feel like it. Gosh, this makes it seem like I wasn’t even that glad that I went to this concert. Wasn’t I wishing that I could be closer to him when I was at the LI show?

   Well, I got my wish yet part of me isn’t even that overjoyed about it. Maybe tomorrow I will be feeling this positive emotion. I am just in a very bad place emotionally today.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...