Tuesday, March 17, 2020


October 13, 2014- Fleetwood Mac and Mookie

I was standing near a bookcase in the middle of a field. Nine of my former classmates/Girl Scout troop members were there too.  We looked like we did in the mid-1980s. I was thinking “What an odd place for a bookcase” Amongst the books were a couple of mysteries; one was by Elizabeth Peters.

   About 20 seconds later, our two troop leaders, Miss K and Mrs. M, and 5 other people were walking towards us. I was surprised and pleased to see that they were with the members of the music group Fleetwood Mac.

   This seemed like a strange setting in which to meet them though. We got to ask them questions and they even asked us some too.

   Michelle asked something about their song writing. After this was answered, Stevie Nicks asked if any of us were interested in writing. I can’t believe that I was actually brave enough to answer this.

   I said that my dream is to write a science fiction story and also one about my concert experiences. I also said that I’m not talented enough to do so.

   Stevie told me that I shouldn’t put myself down and that I should never give up on my dreams. It was nice of her to say that but part of me still doesn’t believe that I could ever be successful as a writer.

   Jackie was asking Mick a question but my mind was sort of wandering then. I was looking over towards one of only 6 houses that were in the area. Suddenly, a giraffe appeared near a tree next to it.

   A few other animals which included a Palomino horse, a sheep, and an elephant also materialized in that same vicinity. No one else seemed to notice this. I then saw my little doggie Mookie running in my direction.

   I was so happy to see Mookie. She did stop partway and looked as if she wanted to change directions to head towards the other animals. I just had to go over to her and them even though this would mean missing out on part of the meet and greet event. My doggie was more important than this.

   I was so excited that I ran to her. When I got there, I wanted to get closer to the horse. First, I turned around to look at Fleetwood Mac and my Girl Scout troop. But they were no longer there.

   I was a little upset that I had been left behind. They have done so in a few other holodeck storylines too. Perhaps this time they were just no longer part of the plot; they couldn’t have walked away that quickly.

   I picked up Mookie and gave her a big hug. Her being there calmed me down. I kept her in my arms while I was observing the animals. She didn’t even bark at them as she probably would have in reality. I pet the horse for a little bit.

    I wondered if there was a bus stop nearby. If so, I’d be able to get home that way. I saw an intersection similar to one near my town and decided to walk towards it. I didn’t see that many other buildings and houses around.

   I saw a guy walking his dog and asked him about the bus stop. He said that there was one about ¼ mile away. I also found out that the closest town was a mile and mine was about 9 miles. Only a couple of minutes later, the scenery disappeared and I was back in my room on Earth.





 

 
Note- Photos from the internet- horse and the last 2.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...