Saturday, March 7, 2020

October 12, 2015- Cute Animals and Doggies-Part 2


  I remember the names of some of my friend’s doggies. Cindy and Jessica had a beagle named Brandy then Muffin who I’m pretty sure was a Maltese. Kelly had a black dog that could have been part retriever named Fluffy. Kathy had a bunch of doggies over the years. The Shih Tzu’s were Oscar, April and a couple of others. Devil dog was part this breed. The bigger dogs were Murphy, Mugsy and Schroeder.

  Kelly also had some pet ducks or geese at one point. We got our Mookie from her parents. Someone had just left her in their yard. I didn’t like her at first because I was still very sad about my Ginger even though this was 5 or 6 years later. I didn’t want a replacement doggie but eventually grew to love her. She loved sitting on my lap and on my handmade pillows.

  Jessica had a pet rabbit too. I just remembered this as I was thinking about the cute bunnies that my brother and I saw at Columbus Flea Market last year.

  Aunt Joan had a few dogs, Lady, Pooh and Scruffy, at different times. Grandma always let our Ginger into her house but never Pooh who I felt kind of sorry for. She’d even give Ginger some food like a hot dog.

  Our neighbor Mrs. T, Helen J’s mom, had a beautiful collie, Princess. We had a sheltie, Rusty, but after it attacked Uncle Nick we had to get rid of him. He was just trying to protect me when my uncle was swatting at a bee that was flying near me. Rusty must’ve thought that he was trying to hit me. He was very protective of my brother and me.

  Our parents told us that Rusty would now be living at a nice farm but a few years later we found out the truth that he had been taken to the vet and put to sleep. I was so sad when I heard this. We only had him for a little over 2 years.

   Aunt Karen had a black and white spaniel named Pepper. Aunt Ann and Uncle Joe’s dog was Mitsy, a spaniel/border collie mix. She was originally their son’s dog before he went into the Navy.

    I do have a photo of her but not of Pepper, unfortunately. Well, there is a shot of her sitting near the table at Christmastime but it’s of her backside.

    I hope that I get to see him, Mookie, Buffy, Mitsy, Pepper and many other doggies in the afterlife. Mike keeps saying that animals have no souls. Well, if there aren’t any of them in heaven then I don’t even want to go there.

  Whenever I see a report on the news or article in the paper about abused or neglected animals I get very upset and angry. Am I a bad person for hoping that people who do this get some sort of punishment in the afterlife like they should here on Earth too?

  I also get really sad when I see posters of lost and missing pets. I pray that they will be found.

   Lynn and I stopped at a farm on the way out to a town wide garage sale in West Jersey. We took some pictures of the cows. That was such a fun day. Seeing cute animals always makes me so happy.

Rusty

Rusty

Lady's puppies
 
Mookie

Pepper

Pepper

Mitsy

Cows- West N.J.-1997

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...