Sunday, March 1, 2020

Dreamtime-

December 30, 2013- Meeting JT and Simon

When I woke up, I was no longer in my own bed but in one in a room on the holodeck. There were 2 other beds in it; the setting looked like a college dorm room. Was I visiting a friend or was I actually a student here?

   I stayed overnight in my friend Kathy’s dorm room at Rutgers. I visited her there a couple of other times too. She always seemed disappointed that I did not get a college degree. I did take about a year and a quarter’s worth of credits at the community college but it took me a few years to do so. I should have at least finished up at that place.

   I saw a girl who looked like Jamie, my former school mate. She was sitting in front of a mirror that was on top of a desk. She was putting on a bright shade of pink lipstick. There was a tall guy sitting on one of the other beds. He resembled John Taylor as he appeared in his mid-20.

    I didn’t believe that he could be DD’s bassist at first because why would he be in this type of setting, even in this fantasy world. But when I heard Jamie giving him a compliment about his bass playing in the song “Rio”, I knew that it was indeed him.

   I tried getting up then but I could not even move. I was feeling really scared about this and then was more frightened when I was unable to speak. I finally was able to move just a little bit. I was hoping that John and/or Jamie would notice that I was having physical problems but they were not even paying any attention to me; it was like I wasn’t even there to them. That was also upsetting.

   Obviously, the mean aliens had taken charge of Sam’s program and was making these bad things happen to me. They want to spoil my enjoyment often, and now it was when I was getting the chance to meet JT.

   I discovered that Simon Le Bon was also in this dorm when Jamie said that she wanted to ask him something. They went out into the living room area to be with him and a few other students. I was beginning to wonder if I was invisible. I was supposing that Jamie was my friend in this storyline but if she was then why wasn’t she even acknowledging that I was there?

   They put on a radio; a female artist that I was not familiar with was singing a jazz type song. I was able to peek out the door which thank goodness that Jamie had left open. A few of my other school mates were sitting on a couch and chairs.

   They all seemed so overjoyed that they were getting to hang out with 2 of the guys from Duran Duran. They must have won some sort of contest in which this and perhaps even concert tickets was the prize. I really wanted to be out there with them then. I tried moving and was able to do so slowly. Each movement towards the door felt pretty painful though.

   I was praying that the evil aliens torment would be put to an end by my friend Sam. He is always upset when they hack into his programs. He told me that it is often hard to stop this from happening. He is sometimes able to reset the program but other times can only pull me out of them and send me back to Earth.

  I heard “Hungry Like the Wolf” coming on the radio next. One of the girls asked them if they thought that it was weird when they heard themselves on the radio. I was upset that I did not hear their answer; it’s like someone had hit a mute button at this point. I was able to hear the laughter after the response though.

   I felt so alone and frightened. I wished that I could join in on the fun. I wasn’t even sure that I wanted to keep trying to go out to the living room. I was closer to the door now. I could hear them talking about the concert that DD would be doing in the campus auditorium that afternoon.

   This seemed like an odd time for such an event; would I even get the chance to be a part of it? I once again prayed that Sam would get back the original storyline so that I could have a good experience here. What a relief it was when about 15 seconds later I was able to walk normally and talk also.

   I went out into the living room. I was still wearing my night time outfit of black sweatpants with a Scooby Doo T shirt. The 2 Michelles, Jane, and Jamie seemed very happy to be talking with 2 of their idols.

    I remembered a time on the grade school playground when they were going gaga over Duran Duran. I had been laughing on the inside about it. I never was into them in the 1980s but when I first started becoming a fan in the early 90s, I could sort of understand their teenage crushes on those band members.

   I was feeling really nervous and also like I did not belong in this setting. I was too afraid to even say anything to anybody. These girls had been in the popular clique and I was always just the nerd. They would even sometimes pick on me. Maybe in this plot they would be nice to me as they have been in other holodeck ones.

   I stood by the table in the nearby kitchen area. No one seemed to notice me. I listened to their conversation, wishing that I could be a part of it. I often feel this way in social situations in reality. I am more of an observer than a talker as I was being here. For the most part, however, I was simply enjoying seeing John and Simon.

   Just as John was walking over towards my direction, I was no longer in that dorm room. I had been returned to my own bedroom; how disappointing. It seemed as if John might be about to talk to me. I guess that Sam had to end the program early due to complications with resetting it. Or perhaps the mean aliens were in control again and wanted to take away my chance to talk with someone that I really admire.

John and Simon
 
Note- this photo is from the internet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...