Monday, June 21, 2010

Nat King Cole


I've been listening to the Legendary Singers cassette alot lately. It's always been one of my go to tapes or CDs when I'm feeling blue or anxious. I never get tired of it like I do some of my other music. Mom got this in the mid 80s and I made a dubbed copy of it for myself later that decade. She hasn't listened to this tape in a very long time so I asked her if I could borrow it. Unfortunately the first songs on both sides are flawed partway. I wish that a CD version of it was available. I got the NKC CD in the early 90s. It doesn't have all the same songs on it though and the version of Route 66 is a bit different. There are some songs on it that aren't on the tape that I like too.
I wanted to get a Stevie Wonder Greatest Hits CD and found a good one only 2 songs that I really like aren't on it. Do they do this on purpose so you have to get another CD that has the other hits that you like? I've found this to be true with other artists too. My wish list is so long but right now CDs aren't in the budget.

2 comments:

Chelly said...

I love those old greats: Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr. etc...It's bliss listening to their voices.

LaraAnn said...

I also like Sinatra and dubbed one of her tapes. I enjoyed her Dean Martin Christmas album when I was a kid and just borrowed his Greatest Hits from her. She likes Sammy too. She might have his greatest hits- I should borrow it from her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...