Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Crushes


These are 2 of my crushes from the 80's and early 90's. I was never into any of the teen idols like my classmates were. I never understood why they made such a big deal out of them. I have this clear memory of being on the grade school playground and 3 or 4 of the girls going ga-ga over the guys in Duran Duran. I guess that I liked the much older guys back then. It wasn't until the mid 90s that I could understand what they saw in them. I had a couple of Tom Selleck posters on my wall. I would sometimes debate which character of Harrison Ford that I liked better - Indiana Jones or Han Solo. I think that the former usually won this inner debate.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

AND.. Tom Selleck turned down the role of Indiana Jones! Coincidence? I think not.. Hee Hee

Ally said...

it is so funny how you used "duran duran" as your example saying that you were into older men, i never crushed on them because as a kid i thought they were "too old" ... my husband is like obsessed with magnum. my "man" crush was bill bixby (the hulk) and jack tripper from threes company. ha ha!

Sadako said...

You have great taste. Those guys are before my time but they still are awesome. I'll always remember Tom Selleck not so much for the seventies as for his role as Monica Gellar's ophthalmologist boyfriend.

LaraAnn said...

Darrin - I remember hearing about that. I just can't picture him as Indy.

Ally - My brother liked the Hulk and I'd watch it sometimes with him. Jack was funny. The DD guys are like 9 - 11 years older than me. I can see how you'd think of them as old. It's kind of bad that I like many younger guys now.

Sadko- Thanks. I watched Friends sometimes mostly in reruns and did see him on there 2 or 3 times

LaraAnn said...

Sorry that I mispelled your name, Sadako

Pam said...

I loved Harrison Ford back in the day, too! I'll never forget seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time in the 6th grade.

LaraAnn said...

Pam - Raiders is definitely one of my fav 80s movies along with The Empire Strikes Back and Back to the Future.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...