Friday, June 11, 2010

Favourite Games


My mom would always buy us a game or 2 for Christmas when we were kids. We would play with some of her games too like Monopoly, Clue, Scrabble and Parcheesi. We foolishly got rid of our Uncle Wiggly. I found the blue piece to it in my tote of momentos recently. She bought us a new one in the early 90s but it's just not the same. We loved Battleship, Hangman, Trouble, Double Trouble, Pokeno, Boggle, Uno, Yahtzee, Connect Four, Toss Across and Auto Bingo. Trivial Pursuit was okay but I wasn't that good at it. We still have many of our games. Mom had to buy us a new Clue though because we lent hers to our cousins and they never gave it back to us before moving to Florida. I can't help still being annoyed about this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a closet full of old games and toys in my room at my Dad's house. After my Mom died, and my Dad remarried, his new wife gave all my old games and toys to her grandchildren without asking me. Oh, well.

LaraAnn said...

It was definitely inconsiderate for her to do this to your old stuff. I'd be so angry if my brother got rid of any of my childhood possessions. I'm still mad at myself for purging some of them in the late 80s and mid 90s.

Ally said...

i loved parcheesi!!! wow, toss across, i forgot about that one!

LaraAnn said...

I just remembered a few more that we enjoyed - Chinese Checkers, Dominoes, Hi-Q and Husker Do

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...