Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Gecko


Our family friend Paula who was about a year older than me would sometimes give me her used clothes in the mid 80's. One time when I was opening a bag of them in my bedroom I freaked out when I saw a creepy thing crawling out of the bag. I did not know what it was or how it had even gotten in there. It turns out that one of her brother's geckos had escaped and crawled into the bag. We returned it to him that night. Sometimes when I see the gecko in the Geico ads I think about this and laugh a little. It definitely wasn't funny back then.

4 comments:

Ally said...

That story is so cute. I would definitely think of that too every time the Geico commercial comes on. My cousin always gave me her hand-me-downs in the 80s. If not for her, I'd never have a Sassoon shirt back then!

LaraAnn said...

Thanks. Paula gave me some nice clothes. You were lucky to get a Sassoon shirt. I can't remember if I got any designer stuff.

80sMom said...

I would totally DIE if that happened to me. I have a lizard PHOBIA!

LaraAnn said...

My mom is terrified of snakes. Lizards, snakes, spiders,bugs - they all creep me out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...