Monday, June 7, 2010

Boy crazy phase


I didn't really go through a boy crazy phase in my preteen and teen years. I did have some crushes but they weren't as intense as the ones that I had in my mid - late 30s which is pretty embarrasing. James Franco and John Taylor were defintely on the top of the cute guy list. I'm just glad that I'm over this phase.
I showed my therapist my Duran Duran concert photos from 2008 and she looked at one and said that he kind of looks like James Franco. It's weird that I was thinking the same thing when I first noticed that JF is cute in 20o5. Maybe part of me wanted someone younger to replace JT with nowadays. That is so mean.
My thoughts are that once you are over 40 you are no longer in the hot category. There are some exceptions up to the mid 40s like Jon Bon Jovi. After this I consider a guy good looking. Maybe this isn't very nice of me but I just can't picture a man of a certain age as being hot. I wonder if guys think this about girls too?

4 comments:

Pam said...

I think you can be hot at any age. My favorite actor is Kevin Spacey...not as young as these guys and not a pretty boy, but I definitely think he's the hottest man on the planet.

LaraAnn said...

I've only seen him in 2 movies. He is a good actor and kind of cute. I appreciate your opinion about hotness - I like knowing what others think about this. I do feel really bad about having a certain age for it. Maybe I'll change my mind about that someday.

Unknown said...

I can definitely say most guys have the capacity for viewing women over 40 as hot. For instance.. Raquel Welch... Hot! Sure.. it's a different kind of Hot, but hot nonetheless.

LaraAnn said...

Darrin- I saw her in that Foster Grant commericial. She does look pretty good for her age. My brother says it must be plastic surgery. Possibly. Sophia Loren is also still attractive. It was good to hear a man's point of view about this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...