Friday, July 23, 2010

My Seeing Stars Dream

November 10, 2002

My brother, mother and I were at a big autograph signing show. We didn't even know about it until we were in that area that same day. Mark needed to do some research at a library on a college campus and nearby or maybe even in a building there we saw a sign for this event. Alot of famous people were at it. Someone told us that you had to pay 28.00 to get in but somehow we snuck in there.

A variety of stars were there which seemed strange and unlikely but anything is possible in a dream. Two of the Doctors from Doctor Who - Tom Baker and Peter Davison, 2 stars from Blake's 7, Rick Springfield, James Garner, John Hillerman - Higggins from Magnum P.I., Heather Locklear, a few wrestlers and many more.

Mark really wanted an autograph of one of the Blake's 7 stars but he didn't have much money so he asked me if he could borrow some but I only had a few dollars. There must have been an ATM there but we didn't see it. I don't remember if we actually found it and got the money for autographs.

I kept seeing this one cute guy who later came over to talk to me for a bit. As if any cute guy would want to talk to me in reality. Heather was wearing a hot pink pantsuit outfit that was very low cut. I felt jealous of her because she is so pretty.

Mark told me that I should go over and talk to Rick Springfield but I really didn't want to. He said "Remember that episode of Battlestar Galactica that he was in?" The place was starting to get really crowded which was making me anxious. I told my brother that I wanted to leave. I was a little afraid that we'd get in trouble if someone saw that we did not have on the wristbands that were proof of payment to this event.

Mark said that he would be back in a few minutes. There were many rooms in this building. The British sci-fi ones were in one and sports stars in another. I was getting angry because 25 minutes had passed and he hadn't returned so I went to look for him but couldn't find him. Mim waited by the door and when I got back 15 minutes later he was there with her. We left right after that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...