Monday, July 26, 2010

Arts and Crafts #1 - Punch Embroidery







I wasn't that good at doing arts and crafts. In the early 90's I got a little into doing punch embroidery. You would pick patterns out of a catalog that you would transfer onto cloth with an iron and use a needle type thing to punch the yarn threads through the fabric. My cousin Karen who worked in A.C. Moore craft store liked my raccoon so much that she had it framed and it hung in her store as a display for months. I'm just glad that I asked for it back before she moved to Florida otherwise I would've never seen it again. I didn't do that many projects but I still have all the punch embroidery stuff in a container in my basement. I don't think that I'd start doing it again but I wouldn't want to get rid of these things.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...