Saturday, July 17, 2010

Carnivals



Our town carnival is in 8 days. My brother is looking forward to it for the food. I have not been to this event since the early 90's. They used to have good food there. My brother said that they don't have as many food selections as they used to there. We loved going on the rides when we were kids. My favourites were the Tilt-a-Whirl and the Scrambler. We never went on the Bullet - it seemed to scary to me. We'd play the games sometimes - I only remember winning a picture of a unicorn. We never won the 50-50 drawing. Some of the money from the carnival went to our towns' volunteer fire department.

Our grade school also had a carnival. It used to be in the bigger parking lot at a nearby school but then it was moved to ours and it wasn't as good. We won posters at the ring toss game. Mark got the Pope John Paul II and I got the Bee Gees which I wasn't happy about because I was not into them. My brother won a really nice Pink Panther stuffed animal at our friend Stacey's church carnival once. He regrets getting rid of it.

2 comments:

C. JoyBell C. said...

I always loved the strawberry festival! :)

Does that count as a carnival?? :)

I loved all the whipped cream and strawberry sauce and shortcake all over! :)

LaraAnn said...

That festival sounds nice - I love strawberries. Not sure if it counts as a carnival - I think that these usually have rides and games at them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...