Wednesday, January 1, 2020


July 14, 2015- Chris Young Stuff

   I watched 3 videos by Chris Young on You Tube this morning. My bad side has been going a bit gaga over him lately which naturally I am a bit embarrassed about.

      I can’t believe that a couple of months ago I was doing research on hotels, buses and trains, and cab companies for 5 different cities that he was doing a concert at. This was before he added the Long Island one that I am going to in few days.

   I had to search for the cities that either buses or trains go to that are closet to the places that these shows are being held. For Glen Allen, Virginia it is Richmond. That would have been my second choice. Mt. Pocono, PA is the closet so it would be the most practical and least expensive.

    I would not have the courage to drive there. A part of me did think about trying to do so. I don’t understand why the bus from NYC doesn’t just take you directly to that resort in PA like the one that goes to Foxwoods, CT did. I did not understand the shuttlebus schedule.

   Varysburg, New York is all the way up near Buffalo. That is way too far. Webster, MA is near Worcester. That would have been a good place to go to also. The trip to Dover involves a train to Wilmington then a bus to that city.

   There was also a show in Pomona, NY. There is a NJT train that goes to Spring Valley, NY, which is about 6 miles from that town. But because the concert was on a Sunday, there are not that many trains running later at night so I wouldn’t really have been able to go to that one.

   That was when I first thought about getting a prepaid cell phone so that I would have it to call for a cab. It was kind of crazy that I was even fantasizing that I could go on an adventure like that.

   I had done so for Duran Duran too during their last tour for the North Carolina show. I don’t think that I could ever actually travel that far to see any music performer, not even them.

   It was kind of fun looking into these travel destinations but also depressing. Travel will never be able to be a part of my budget. I didn’t even research the airlines; I would much rather go by bus or train so I can look at the scenery. It was so much fun doing that during the trip to CT nearly 3 years ago.

   I should just be happy because I was able to get this ticket but part of me is regretting that I didn’t go to the Ticketmaster site earlier to check out the prices. If I had, I would have seen that the show at Westbury Theatre had been added and could have gotten an even closer seat than row M there. I was able to do the presale purchase because of having a Citi Card. 

   I wish that I could remember more about my party dream. Three of my cousins- Missy, Terry, and Mandy- and my brother were there. So was Lionel Richie for a little while. He sang a bit of “All Night Long”. This was strange but cool.

   I also saw a music magazine on the coffee table. An article about Duran Duran was in it. I was too embarrassed to read it though which was ridiculous.

    How can I be happy about this concert when I have to deal with the family stress?  Mike was talking even more than usual yesterday, totally ruining my enjoyment of the Mets game. I think that from now on I have to spend most of the time in my room because my brain can’t take much more of his constant interruptions. It hurts so much from his loud motor mouth.

 Sometimes, I picture banging my head up against the wall and also screaming “Shut up!” I know that this is part of his illness, but he used to be not as bad. Are they not giving him the proper meds, or is it that he isn’t trying as hard not to do these things anymore?

   I am pretty sure that he has been on psych meds since the early 90s, or was it the late 80s? I do remember him taking Ritalin for his hyperactivity when he was a kid. I don’t think that he was on it for that long though.
 
 

 

                                                                

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...