Thursday, January 2, 2020


July 18, 2015- Chris Young Concert
I enjoyed the Chris concert very much. The Westbury, L.I. venue was small which was nice. I had a pretty good seat but part of me was wishing that I could be even closer to him- first or second row.
   The opening act was a duo; I forget their names. They were pretty good. They did cover versions of “Walking in Memphis” (I have this cassette single) and Garth Brooks’ “Calling Baton Rouge”.
   Chris also did a couple of cover versions- ZZ Top’s “Sharp Dressed Man” and Keith Whitley’s “When You Say Nothing at All”. I had to lean towards my left to look around two people 4 rows ahead of me who stood up during the latter which was annoying.
   The girl next to me was so excited when he performed “You” as was I. I like the video for that song. Chris is a gas station attendant in it; I wish that our station had someone who looked like him working there.
   He did “Neon” which I like a lot. Not that many people clapped after that one though; I am not sure why. It is a good song. He did a new one, “I’m Comin’ Over” also. I wonder when the album that it is on will be released. I loved “Lonely Eyes” and “Tomorrow” too.
    I bought a nice photo of Chris at the souvenir stand. It was only $5.00.
    He had been one of the opening acts at the Brad Paisley concert that I went to in 2013. I think that Lee Brice was the other one. I wish that I had paid the extra $15.00 for a seat then; I was in the first row of the lawn section.
   I had arrived at this venue earlier than I had intended on. I probably should have taken the next LIRR train. I waited in a VIP outdoor eating area. I was reading my New Jersey magazine, journaling, and talking a little to a nice lady employee who was going to be doing the grilling there.
   She seemed happy when I told her that she made my day a pleasant one and that I would always remember her. I had been nervous about socializing, naturally, but I guess that I did an okay job of it.
   I talked to both of my cab drivers too. The first one said that he plays guitar. I had been embarrassed when telling him which concert that I was going to. He said that I shouldn’t be. His friend also likes Chris so he was going to call her up to tell her about this. I wonder if she actually got a ticket for it.
   I had used my cell phone for the first time ever to call for the cab back to the station. The dispatcher told me to go to the top of the hill to wait for it. That seemed odd; even the driver agreed with me. He offered to drive me back into the city but I said that I couldn’t afford that.
   I had heard a guy telling someone that he had been at this venue for a Vince Gill concert. I wonder when that was. I wish that I could have been there for that and/or the concert in Jersey that I missed out on either earlier this year or sometime last year. I’ve never been to one of his shows before.
   I should have taken a photo of the equipment truck with Chris’ picture and name on it. I had also regretted not doing so when I saw the Luke Bryan one in Central Park after his mini concert there.
   I had a fan pass for the Alan Jackson mini concert in the Plaza for the next morning but I was way too tired after this event to attend that. I wish that it had been the following Friday so I wouldn’t have missed out on it.
   I did watch it on TV. Alan performed “It’s Five O’ Clock Somewhere”, “A lot About Livin’”, and a new song. He seems like a nice guy.  
   I hadn’t gotten to sleep until 2:15. I was awake by 5:45 but went back to bed after eating my breakfast. I had forgotten to set my alarm and the DVR to tape it but luckily I got up by 8:36 and was able to see this.
   I ordered the David Gilmour ticket for Mike this morning. I had left him my Ticketmaster info just in case I wasn’t going to be home for this. Today I will be getting him a Janet Jackson one.
  I have Duran Duran on my mind now. As always, I am worrying that I won’t be able to go to one or more of their concerts next month.
   I can’t believe that I got a ticket for the Dock Rocks event that they are a part of. This is at the South Street Seaport in the city. It is taking place only 2 days before the PA one. I probably will be so worn out by the end of the week from all of this DD stuff but it will be worth it.
 



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...