Wednesday, January 29, 2020


August 19, 2015

Mom probably will be calling me soon to ask me to pick her up from the senior center. It is food pantry day. I feel kind of anxious about having my projects interrupted. It is a little difficult to refocus on them afterwards.

   I forget last night’s dreams which I am even more upset about than usual because one of them had Duran Duran in it. I only have this image of being at an outdoor flea market looking at the nice jewelry and handbags at one table. I saw Nick Rhodes nearby. This was before a DD concert that was taking place at a venue in that town.

   I found out what date that DD is going to be on the “CBS Sunday Morning” show- September 13. This post was shared by Jenny on Facebook. I should really tell her that I got that ticket but I am afraid to.

    It would be nice if we meet up again someday like she assured me could happen but I have my doubts. Part of me wishes that we could be friends instead of just acquaintances. But mostly I am thinking that I am not that good at any relationships so it probably would not work out. I would have a better chance of it if I wasn’t such a freak.

   I am more fascinated by Duran Duran now than ever before despite being mad about the encore incident. I want to keep checking Facebook and the fan site every day for updated information on them- tour, press, news, etc.

   I haven’t purchased any of the magazines that they have been in though and sort of regret this. I should have at least gone to B&N to see if they had that Billboard mag. My driving anxiety prevented me from doing so.

   I told Amy that this NYC concert is like a chance for me to make up for their cancelled AC show 3 years ago. It would have been three times of seeing them for that tour. The previous one was four and the Astronaut one was only 2. If I hadn’t been afraid to go to AC, it would have been 3.

   Mike would have a fit if he knew that I have seen them more than he believes that I have. I know that the “obsessed” word would be mentioned by him. There are fans who have seen them a hell of a lot more than me. I wish that I could have done so at least a few more times within the past 10 years that I have been majorly into their music.

   I hope that I don’t get really sick during my time at the US Open like I was last year and a previous one. I need to be fully healthy for my Luke Bryan and DD concerts that are shortly after this.

  On the “Today Show” yesterday- or was it on Monday? - Tamron said that Stevie Wonder had recently done a free concert in Central Park. That would have been nice to have been at. I think that she said that the news about this was only on Facebook so you would have to be following him to know about it.

    I am so damn ashamed that I raced over to the computer the second my brother read out Lee Majors name as one added to the Chiller Theatre guest list. I said “I’m there!” Mike was teasing me about this, naturally.

    I have only had this retro-crush for the past few years. Mostly, when we started watching “The Big Valley” for the first time. Later, I saw that “The Six Million Dollar Man” was on Cozi TV; if I had noticed this sooner, I would have seen more episodes.

 Mike liked that when we were kids and sometimes I would watch it with him. I bet that he wishes that he hadn’t gotten rid of that action figure.   

   Hopefully, his autograph won’t be over $40.00. I guess that Mike wants this too. I am going to be pretty nervous then. I just hope that my brother doesn’t say anything to embarrass me. With my luck, Mr. Majors will cancel which would be disappointing.

   I am watching the tennis coverage today but my mind had been wandering into Duran Duran territory during it. I decided to check DD on FB before watching it. I saw a post about a concert at MSG on October 8. More info about the presale and general sale won’t be out until August 28.

   I am so excited but also worried about this. What if the tickets go on sale on a day that we are at the US Open? That would be bad. I am praying that this isn’t the case. I want to be able to order this as close to the start of the sale as possible.

   My twisted mind is thinking that if I have to sacrifice a day at the Open then I certainly will. I could always go there late that day. I would miss out on a match but that’s okay, unless it is Fish- that would be upsetting.

   Fish vs. Murray is on later; I am really looking forward to this one. I hope that it isn’t on too late though because I don’t think that I will last through very much of it if so. I really don’t want to DVR any tennis.

   Maybe I should not have written “presale DD” on the calendar. Mike will see this and might want to go with me. I will want to order a ticket close to the stage, even if it is expensive. He will have to sit elsewhere because I know he won’t be willing to spend that much on this.

      They showed the last game of the Robredo match; he won it. I was glad about this. James Blake is doing commentating during matches today. I still am beating myself up for being too afraid to try to get his autograph. He was doing this for a lot of people that day.

   I am trying to remain optimistic about the upcoming events that I am going to but as always I think of all the possible things that could prevent me from attending them. I will be so happy if I am able to get close to DD again, whether it is at the September 14 NYC show or the MSG one, if I even am lucky enough to get a ticket to that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...