Tuesday, January 7, 2020

August 4, 2015- Duran Duran in Port Chester- Part 2
 
   I was so tired when I got home but couldn’t sleep. I was writing a lot in my journal. I had the TV on too. I did fall into a half sleep for about 45 minutes; the country music station was on then. We still did our usual early Sunday morning grocery shopping.

   I noticed that John and Roger were doing a chat on Tumblr. I don’t normally try to communicate with the DD guys or any other stars this way but did so this time. I said that I had enjoyed the Port Chester show. I was going to mention my disappointment about not seeing the encore but didn’t.

   Naturally, my comment was not picked for either of them to reply to. I am embarrassed that I had even done this.

   I had been chatting with a guy at the station and on the train after the show. He seemed interested in me. He gave me his email address and even asked me if I wanted to go out for a drink. I told him that I was too tired.

   I really am not interested in having a relationship with a guy now and probably ever. I just don’t need a man in my life in this way.

   It was kind of odd that he gave me a hug before we parted ways at Grand Central Station. This was the first time that I had ever been there and taken a Metro North train.

   Train guy seemed amazed that I had traveled all the way out there to see DD. I told him that people have gone even further than that to see them. I didn’t mention my trip to CT to see them at Foxwoods; that is about as far as I could ever go for them because of my tight budget.

   If I had a TARDIS, I would go back in time and tell myself to stick around for the encore. And I would say not to order the Mediterranean chicken sandwich at Panera; that was too spicy. I couldn’t eat it anymore after 3 bites.

   My smart side must have been on vacation then too. I wanted to order the plain grilled chicken as I had at this eatery at Foxwoods. I hate having such a defective brain.

   The cashier there liked my retro Scooby t-shirt and a customer complimented my cross necklace. It was the one that grandma-next-door had given to me at my First Holy Communion in 1977.

   Of course, I was feeling anxious when talking to them and a few fans before the show. The one girl looked familiar. Another was putting numbers on people’s hands with a Sharpie; this was supposedly to keep order for the line.

   Well, it turns out that some people were very rude when it came time to be let in the lobby. They cut in front of others and ran to the door leading to the concert are.

   It was even worse when those doors opened. I was so scared that I would be knocked over and stepped on. I was walking at a normal pace- well, maybe a little faster- and still managed to get a great spot near the stage.

   This was the first show that I had ever ordered a ticket for through the fan club. I was a little worried that it wouldn’t even be at the box office but luckily everything worked out.

   I can’t help thinking that if cute guy hadn’t been next to me, would I have stayed longer and not missed the encore. Yikes, that sounds like I am blaming him for this. It was both of our faults. I sort of feel like it is mostly mine though; I should have known better. He seemed to be looking to me for guidance regarding this.

   I am looking at this event as the concert that I only saw about 90% of which would still count but part of me feels that because I wasn’t there for the whole thing that it doesn’t. It sucks that I couldn’t be there for the total experience.

   I am wondering why the hell DD waited so long to return to the stage. I read that they didn’t do so until 20 minutes later. I guess that only the truly devoted fans got the privilege of seeing those 2 cool songs. I must not be one of them then. Sharon and Amy would disagree with this.

   I really need to make the attempt not to dwell on the negatives and hold onto the positives of this concert. It is not only Duran Duran that I am guilty of doing this with though. That is how my messed up brain works. The bad things seem to stick in my memory more than the good.

                                                                    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...