Thursday, January 16, 2020


July 22, 2015- My Brother- Part 1

Mike and I had such fun times when we were kids, like playing with his Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars. We would put the bench up against the picnic table and push them down that.

   We liked playing on the swing set that Ed, who was like an uncle to us, helped Dad to put up. He got us walkie- talkies from Radio Shack too. 

   Mike liked playing the games on the Atari more than I did. Our favorites were the Acti-Vision ones- Pitfall, Barnstorming, Stampede, Dolphin, Kaboom and Freeway. Donkey Kong, Frogger, Ms. Pac Man, Pac Man and Atlantis (Missy’s) were enjoyable too. He had 2 of those hand held electronic games – Space Invaders and a Football one.

   I do remember him losing his temper sometimes when he did poorly at these and also board games. We loved Mom’s Monopoly, Parcheesi, Scrabble and Clue, which our cousins borrowed and never returned. I’m still pissed off about that. We had both Trouble and Double Trouble and lots of others, some of which we still have in totes in the cellar.

   It was upsetting when he said that we should get rid of most of these games. He wants us to be just like him and have a minimal amount of possessions. He is very annoyed that we have too many, saying that he will have a lot of stuff to go through when we die. Gee, thanks so much for that.

   I’m picturing us watching “The Muppet Show” back then. We were really into this program. We saw the 3 Muppet movies for free at Aunt Joan’s theater. Oh, “The Rainbow Connection” from this is another song that I know some of the words to.

    Mom got me the Miss Piggy and Kermit dolls. Aunt Ann gave me the 3 Muppet Babies- those 2 and Fozzie Bear- from McDonalds one Christmas. I still have these, Miss Piggy’s Guide to Life and Muppet magazines too.

    My favorite stationary was Miss Piggy and Kermit. I only kept a few letters from Cindy and 1 is on Kermit stationary. I do regret throwing out all the rest of hers and Jessica’s too.

   We actually went to see that new Muppet movie in 2011. He seemed so happy which was nice to see. I wish that this would happen more often.
1972

1981

picnic table-1970s



1982



1982


 










1981




1982





The Muppet Movie album


 
Note- photos from the internet- Atari ad and the video game cartridges, except for family photo; matchbox cars with case, walkie-talkies, Space Invaders and Bambino hand held game (bigger photo), and Trouble
 











 
 
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...