Saturday, January 25, 2020


August 9- Duran Duran Concerts- Additional Details

August 3, 2015- Port Chester, NY

I was very happy when they did “Rio”. It had been nearly 4 years since I last have seen them perform this. They had left it off of the set list at the Foxwoods show in 2012. They probably would have done it at the AC one the following night.

   I am pretty sure that the girl behind me also had a ticket to that cancelled show. I mentioned that when I was at the Foxwoods show the night before, Nick was looking sick. She said that someone else had told her this too.

   That girl looked familiar. I probably have seen her at another concert and/or at John Taylor’s book signing in Ridgewood.

   I was able to get through my anxiety of going to this show and also communicating with people there. I can give myself credit for this. But that and the other positives don’t cancel out not being able to enjoy the full concert experience.

   I was actually in Port Chester by 2:35 p.m. I had decided to take an earlier train there. I did well with the transportation aspect of this event too, something that I had also been worrying about. I didn’t think that this town would be so crowded and trafficky. I had pictured it being more quaint and tranquil.

   Fans had actually been booing when DD weren’t coming back out for their encore. Cute guy had looked at the set list on his phone and saw that they had done encores at their last 3 concerts. After hearing that, I definitely should have been smart enough to say that we should stick around for a little longer then we wouldn’t have missed out on anything.

   I am almost certain that cute guy said that he is a teacher at West Point. He was annoyed that the girl in front of us leaned over to get stuff out of her backpack numerous times during the show. A couple of other people were too, as was I.

 

August 7, 2015- Bethlehem, PA- Musikfest

When I told Mike that they performed his two favorite songs, he said “The Reflex” and “Wild Boys” right away. The set list was basically the same as the Port Chester Saturday concert, except a little different order. “Election Day” was not on it. They did 15 songs, 2 less than at that one. Stop!-don’t even rehash the missed encore incident again.

  The girl next to me had been at the Sunday concert at that venue. She was lucky enough to be in the front row, her first time ever in such a spot. She said that they performed “Is There Something I Should Know?”

   I mentioned the cancelled Atlantic City show. Her friend also had a ticket to it. She seemed upset about this so I didn’t tell her that I had been at the Foxwoods one the night before that. I was afraid that she might be jealous.

    I was screwing up a lot when typing my email address in the notebook section of Lori’s smartphone. I had never typed on one of these before. I felt kind of embarrassed. I am really looking forward to receiving her photos of this concert.

   Jenny’s parents were nice. I talked to her Dad about tennis and the US Open. I think that he said that he has been to that event but a while back. When I told her mother that Mom likes Sinatra, she said that she can’t stand his music. It is cool that she likes DD and other music that Jenny is into.

  It was kind of ironic that I was wearing the pair of 1928 brand earrings that Cindy gave to me as a Christmas gift in the mid-1980s when she just happened to be at this concert too. I would have been feeling very nervous if I had actually encountered here there though.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...