Thursday, January 30, 2020

Dreamtime
March 16, 2010- Duran Duran Concert

I was standing outside our current apartment when the scenery surrounding me started changing to that of the yard of my old apartment. I assumed that I lived here in this holodeck storyline. I didn’t really feel like going inside yet. I wanted to walk around town to see what things were like here now.

   The neighborhood seemed as it did in the late 1980s but there were cars from present day there too. I was getting close to the store which was only about a block away when I heard loud music. I’m surprised that I hadn’t heard this sooner.

   At first, I thought that someone had their stereo or TV on at a high volume but when I got to the store, I saw a large crowd gathered on the grassy area and parking lot nearby. The song that I was hearing was Duran Duran’s” Planet Earth”.

    I then saw a stage right in front of the township office/community center building. The members of Duran Duran were on it. There seemed to be about 400 people watching their performance. I didn’t really see any security people in the area so I just went over to the back of the crowd to watch this concert.

   I wished that I had been there from the beginning and that I was more towards the front row. I guess that someone in my town had won a contest which is why this group was performing here. That has happened in other storylines.

   The song ended and there was now a short break. I asked one of the girls for details about the contest. She said that it had been a radio- call-in kind in which the winner and ten of her friends and/or family could attend this concert in his or her hometown. The other people were also winners from mostly New Jersey.

   No one seemed to care that I wasn’t supposed to be there.  I talked to her for a little bit more and found out that they had already done 6 songs. Why couldn’t my alien friend make it so I wouldn’t have missed any of this show?

   One of the station’s DJs came onto the stage to announce that Duran Duran would be back in about 5 minutes to do 4 or 5 more songs. I couldn’t wait until they did and hoped that” Rio” would be one of them.

   I really wanted to try to sneak up closer to the stage but I’m sure that people would get pissed off if I attempted to do that. Maybe even a security person would stop me and kick me out. I decided to take that chance though.

   I went over to the right side of the building. No one even notice me when I moved into the 3rd row. Why didn’t I try to sneak in over on the left side so I would be closer to John Taylor? It seemed easier to make my way into the crowd on this side, I suppose.

   I was thinking about the fun that I used to have at summer play camp at this community center when I was a kid. My brother and best friend went there with me. We did arts and crafts like ceramics. I made a small wishing well out of Popsicle sticks.

   The crowd got really excited and some of the girls were screaming when the guys came back out onto the stage. The first song that they did was “Hungry Like the Wolf”. A few of the girls next to me formed a circle and started dancing around to this. They wanted me to join them so I did.  I felt a little embarrassed.

   One of those girls looked like a former classmate of mine, Jane. Our appearance was that of our early 20s. The DD guys seemed to be in their early-mid 30s. It was supposed to be current times despite us all looking younger.

   I was feeling pretty excited when John came over to our side of the stage during the next song “Notorious”.  He looked as if he was smiling at me but surely it was just directed toward everyone in that general vicinity. I did smile back though. The same thing happened at the Central Park concert in 2008.

   Maybe people would wonder why I would be so thrilled about seeing holographic or shape shifting alien versions of stars such as him. Not that I would ever tell anyone that I have such experiences on an alien holodeck.  It all seems so real and I feel so happy to be there.

    The last song that they performed was “Rio”.  John came over to the right a few times then which was nice. Jane told me that the winner and her friends would get to meet the band after the show; lucky them.

   Even though I didn’t get to see the whole show, I was still pleased that I had been there for part of it. I am glad that I was able to get closer to the stage. I’m sure that in real life security would not be so lax. I did beat myself up a little afterwards for not going to the left of the stage; I’m ashamed that I like to be on bassist guy’s side.

   It has been a while since Duran Duran were in one of these programs. They used to be in a lot of them. I had just been putting pictures from their 2008 Wellmont Theatre concert into my photo album earlier that day. That is the only time that I’ve ever taken photos at a concert. I sort of wish that I hadn’t so that I could have focused on the music completely.

   I probably will never get to see them again in real life which might be a good thing because I almost always screw up at such events. I keep hoping that my afterlife fantasy of our spirits going to concerts and other events comes true. Does this sound kind of crazy? I’m sure that God is amused.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...