Thursday, January 23, 2020

Dreamtime-
July 18, 2014- Duran Duran in PA

I was with my Girl Scout troop again, only this time we had a different leader. Miss J was blond and in her early-mid-30s. She resembled someone whom I’m familiar with but can’t think of her name right now. I wondered why our actual leader, Miss K, was not a part of this program. I was thinking how sad it is that she died. I forget how long ago that happened, maybe 10 years.

   Maybe Miss J was just a substitute leader because Miss K was sick or something like that. We were in her green van. Eleven of my troop mates were a part of this day trip. We were heading towards Peddler’s Village. I heard Jamie telling Michelle that she went there once with her aunt. I’ve been there a few times, twice with Mom, Aunt Ann and cousins.

   I discovered that there was also going to be another destination on this journey. The 2 Michelles were talking about how they couldn’t wait to see Simon. Jane said that she hoped that they would perform “Lonely in Your Nightmare”.  I was happy that we would be doing 2 fun things in one trip.

  I was sitting near the window. The view outside was beautiful; it was autumn and the leaves were in the colors of that season. The temps were in the low 60s which was mild weather for early October. We were all wearing the matching yellow jackets with our names stitched on the front upper left side.

    We arrived at Peddler’s Village by 9:30 a.m. We would be spending 2 and a half hours looking around in the shops before meeting for lunch at the Cock ‘n Bull restaurant. I’ve eaten there once or twice; the food is delicious.

   We were also observing the scarecrows that were a part of the contest. I took pictures of some of them as I did in real life. The one was a creepy spider in a web. Another was a farmer who sort of looked like my big 80s crush, Don Mattingly.

   I was hanging out with Jamie. We went into the stationary store that has a section with lots of stickers. We both bought some to add to our collections and to trade with. We looked in the toy store next. I saw a cute teddy bear that I thought about buying but someone else had done so by the time that I went back to that aisle for it.

   After lunch, we were already heading towards the concert venue which was about a 35 minute drive from Peddler’s Village. It seemed strange but also nice that Duran Duran was doing a show in such a rural environment. As if they would do so in reality. And even odder was that it was taking place starting at 3 p.m.

   The place was pretty small too; capacity of around 360 people. How had we been so lucky to get tickets for such an event? Maybe Sam would telepathically answer this after the program. Our troop’s seats were scattered in the same general area which was also kind of weird. I was sitting right behind Jamie.

   The two Michelles were lucky, they got to sit next to each other closer to the stage. I was a little jealous of them. I was mostly grateful that we were even there at all. I was in the 10th row which was about the midway point.

   The band came out onto the stage 25 minutes later. The first song that they performed was “All You Need is Now” Their appearance was as it had been 6 years ago. Simon had the beard and mustache though. We looked as we did in the mid-1980s. I wondered why Sam hadn’t made them closer to their age at that time too. Time is always pretty bizarre in this fantasy world.

   After this song, Simon was talking for about 15 minutes. He answered some questions next. I was assuming that the other DD guys would be doing the same thing throughout this show which did turn out to be the case.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...