Monday, January 27, 2020


August 14-16- DD Ticket Time

August 14, 2015- Duran Duran Tickets- NYC

I am a nervous wreck this morning. I was on Facebook and read about a DD general admission concert that is being held at Terminal 5 in NYC on September 14. It is for American Express card holders only; I have this through my Macy’s account.

   I couldn’t remember if I had reactivated it so I called the number. After I did this process through the automated system I was given instructions to call back after 9 a.m. to talk to a customer service rep.  I am a little anxious about this. What if there is a problem and I won’t even be able to order that ticket?

   I am also worrying about my brother criticizing me for wanting to see them again so soon. And that he might accuse me of stealing Mom’s money to pay for this.

  I can’t do the ordering of the ticket on this laptop because I don’t trust that the Wi-Fi connection will be working. It often gives me problems, unfortunately.

   I am barley remembering the PA concert. My main memories are of the socializing, the bus fuck up, and the loss of the binocular case. This is pretty frustrating and upsetting.

Later

No Duran Duran for me next month; my Amex card was deactivated due to lack of usage. I tried applying for a new card online but did not get instant approval. They will notify me in 7-10 days which by then will be too late. I bet that these tickets already sold out.

   I had to call the credit card office a couple of times and talked to 3 or 4 different people. The first call was to find out if I had screwed up by possibly activating the card twice. This is when I found out that the account was closed.

   I had to call again to ask some questions about the online form. The guy whom I spoke to was nice. I told him that I had hoped to order a concert ticket on presale with this card. He asked me which performer I wanted to see.

   When I said Duran Duran he said that he didn’t know that they were still around. I was laughing a bit on the inside about this. He mentioned that he has been to Marc Anthony and Santana concerts.

   I really hate talking on the phone but I was determined to do everything that I could to get this card in order to order that ticket. If only I had checked months ago to see if it were still active, but I didn’t realize that they would cancel your card for inactivity.

 

August 15

   I went to the Stub Hub site- I had never been there before- to check out the prices of Duran Duran tickets for that NYC show. They start at $105.00. That is above my limit. It would be tempting to spend this if I hadn’t gotten the Luke Bryan ticket though.

   I am sure that there are some fans who will be willing to pay that much and more. I will just have to hope and pray that they do a show in which I am able to order from a regular site and not through a secondary one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...