Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Dreamtime

October 4, 2009- Duran Duran College Concert

I saw some paperwork at a desk that was at the back of an auditorium. In this storyline, I had a job at the community college. It was odd that I was doing this here though. The year was 2005 and I looked as I did then.

  I heard a Duran Duran song “The Seventh Stranger”. I thought that it was on a stereo system but when I looked up on the stage I saw a guy who looked like Simon Le Bon. It was indeed him. This was a sound check for their concert that was taking place there later.

   Time sped up and now I saw people entering the auditorium for this. It was a general admission show, with the first 2 rows reserved for fan club members. I heard a girl saying that she hoped that they did “Careless Memories”, one of her favorites.

   I didn’t have a ticket but since I was already inside, I guess that I would be a part of the audience. I went towards the front and looked for a seat. There was one in the 6th row to the left of the stage so I took that one. Michelle T, a former classmate, was sitting a few seats away from me.

   Naturally, I was happy that I would be getting a good view of bassist guy here. I was only a little ashamed to be thinking that this time.

   I saw a very strange sight a few rows back. There were 5 people dressed in “Sesame Street” character outfits- Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, The Count, Cookie Monster, and Grover. My friend Michelle J had a stuffed animal of Super Grover. My brother and I preferred “The Muppet Show”.

   They performed 3 songs in a row off of a new album that doesn’t even exist in reality. Two of them were kind of slow. A lot of people were talking a lot then which very rude.

   It was odd that the DD guys took a 6 minute break after that. They were talking to each other. The crowd was getting annoyed. We were glad when they continued the show. The next 2 songs were “Planet Earth” and “The Seventh Stranger”.

  After a few more songs, they took yet another break which was about the same length of time. Why were they doing this? It would’ve been nice if they had been talking to the crowd and/or answering their questions instead both times.

    The concert went on normally after this with 10 more songs, 2 of which were in an encore. That girl who I had overheard earlier must have been so pleased that one of those was “Careless Memories”. I enjoyed this too; it is a cool song.
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...