Sunday, January 5, 2020


June 27, 2015- Duran Duran Tickets

I had to drive my brother to the train station because of the rain. This and lots of traffic made the ride very scary. He is seeing Rush at the Prudential Center tonight. I wish that my Chris Young concert was next week and not in 19 days. That seems so far away even though it isn’t really.

   Well, I successfully ordered a ticket to the Duran Duran show in Bethlehem, PA. There was only a presale for the ArtsQuest members and the staff of the venue. I was having trouble getting through because the site was busy. When I finally did, I just grabbed the first seat that I could. I was afraid that if I went back to look for a better one, it would take too long to return to the sales page.

   Unfortunately, the whole first section was all sold out. I got a seat in row I of the center second level. I guess that seems okay. It said that the tickets didn’t go on sale to the general public until 10 a.m. but I got through by 9:55. I was worrying that I got the time wrong and it was really 9:00. I hope not; I will be very mad if I did and could have gotten a closer seat.

    I have maps of the SteelStacks area where there are also other music venues. This concert is part of the Musikfest that is taking place there. It’s an outdoor venue so I have to pray that there won’t be any rain that day.

    I also have the Trans-bridge bus schedule. I sent an email to the company asking if I can purchase the ticket in advance and a couple of other questions. They sent me a very informative reply. I probably will just get the ticket on the day of the event.

   I don’t want to get too hopeful about this concert because it’s best not to just in case something goes wrong and I won’t get to go or it will be cancelled. The only time that I was really hopeful and excited about a show was DD’s Atlantic City one in 2012 which wound up being cancelled due to Nick’s illness. Thank God I had gone to their Foxwoods show the night before that.

   There is one other concert that I have to go to before this one. I am not even telling Mom and Mike about it. Mike would just say that I am obsessed. I am not even sure that I want to mention it to Amy. I did tell Sharon that I am going to see Duran Duran in Port Chester, NY on Saturday, August 1, which is 5 days before the one in PA.

   This show is in the Capitol Theatre. I was able to do presale through the fan site for this one. I almost didn’t do so because I read things wrong and thought that only the $150.00 tickets went on sale that day. I didn’t realize that the general admission tickets were the $89.50 ones, not these.

   Luckily, I was on Tumblr and a DD fan that I follow did a post about this show that clarified the presale thing for me. I ordered my ticket shortly afterwards. It is a pick up at the will call desk only deal. I am not really fond of this; I would prefer having a ticket in my pocketbook before arriving at a venue.

   The box office will call window opens only an hour before the show which is when they open the doors. This will be a crazy scene. I am picturing the fans running into the theater in an attempt to grab a good spot near the stage and the employees telling them to slow down.

   But it isn’t fair that the people who got the general admission tickets on the regular sale days will get to go right into the theater because they will already have their tickets. The presale people should be allowed in there earlier. What is the point in paying a membership fee to have the privilege of presale when you don’t get the first dibs on getting close to the stage?

   I wrote an email to that theater asking if maybe I read their policy about this wrong; maybe they do let the presale people in a little earlier. I should have worded this email differently for it sort of sounds like I am an obsessive fan, which I am not.

   I am very worried about the train ride home. The Metro North schedule for Saturday says that the last train to NYC is at 11:17 p.m. I hope that the show starts relatively on time- 8:00 p.m. – and lasts until only 10:30. That would give me plenty of time to make the train. The station is not that far from the theater.

   I didn’t see an opening act listed. I hope that there isn’t any, for that surely would screw up the schedule. If there is one, the show usually starts at 7:00.

   I can’t help but think of all the things that could go wrong that would prevent me from going to my concerts. I am even more anxious about driving now because if I get in a bad accident and am seriously injured, I won’t be able to see my favorite group and possibly even my country boy Chris, depending on when this might happen.

   I also have grim thoughts that there could be a death in the family and this would prevent me from attending these fun events. I have a couple of others on the calendar for this summer too- the US Open and Luke Bryan. I can’t even think that far ahead to those; the former is August 31-September 3 and the latter is on September 11.

   Mike wants to go to a Mets game that weekend that I am going to see DD. I am telling him that I am going into the city that day to meet up with some DD fans at a 80s club. I will be in the city, but to take Metro North to NY State. Should I get my bus ticket for PA that day? I will be taking the 7 to get to Grand Central Station so I could stop at the bus terminal before getting on that subway.

   Sharon was encouraging me when I told her that I was not so sure that I wanted to get a ticket to the NY show because of my fear of missing the train home afterwards. She said not to worry about it and that I could always take a cab back to the city. That would be so expensive but if it comes to that, I will do so. I would not want to miss out on this show just for this reason.

   I am fantasizing that I will be fortunate enough to get a spot within the first 6 or 7 rows near the stage. I doubt that I will be as lucky as I was at their Wellmont Theater concert in 2008. I think I was within the first 4. I was even closer at the Central Park one- 3rd row. I will just be happy to be there no matter where I wind up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...