Sunday, January 19, 2020

Dreamtime-
February 3, 2012- DD Video/Cartoon Characters

I got to be in a Duran Duran video in the holodeck. I must have won a contest. It was sort of a strange video for a song that doesn’t even exist in my reality. Weirder yet was that it was being filmed in a few places in Cranford.

   The DD guys and the crew were staying at the same hotel – The Coachman Inn. This hasn’t been there for many years. Another hotel is but I’m not even sure of its name. It was cool seeing this place again. I got to hang out with the group there for a little while, also part of the prize.

    When I was a kid, I was always so excited and relieved to see the big sign for that hotel as we were driving home on the Parkway from either the shore or the mall. I did have fun at those places but the thought of being home again was comforting, esp. when my Ginger pup was around.

    They made me look glamorous for the video, doing my hair and makeup and giving me a beautiful and expensive outfit to wear. I was looking semi-pretty to begin with, which I have no idea how the aliens create such an illusion but I wish that they’d let me stay that way in the real world.

   I was chatting with Nick about fashion and makeup for about 15 minutes. I wasn’t even feeling nervous. I didn’t really say much to the others, just the basic hello and other small talk.

     Everyone in the video was moving in slow motion during part of it, only this was actually really happening and not added as a special effect later. No one thought that this was odd.

   When I left the hotel, my father was in the parking lot. Why did he have to be a part of this? I hope that he was a good Dad in this reality. Were my parents still married here? It was present day but everyone looked 10-15 years younger.

   Dad was standing near our 1984 tan Buick Century. He told me that he had been at Woodbridge Mall but that when he was driving home on the Parkway as he reached our exit-136-that suddenly our town was no longer there. A forest was now in its place.

   I said “How is this possible?”  Our town is very close to this hotel; when I looked over in that direction I saw that he was right. I told him that maybe it still is there but that it is now beyond the forest

    Dad seemed pretty upset about this.  I told him that maybe we should just go somewhere for coffee before checking this out. I also said that maybe afterwards things would be back to normal in our town.

   He took us someplace in Kenilworth. We went on the Parkway to get there. During that drive, I saw a very strange but also funny site – there were cartoon characters in their vehicles on this road also. There was Scooby and the gang in the Mystery Machine van, which is my all-time favorite cartoon. Others included Batman and Robin, The Flinstones, Hong Kong Phooey and The Blue Falcon and Dynomutt.

   It ended after we had our coffee so I don’t know if our town was where it should be again; hopefully it was. I’ve lived there all of my life and probably will until the day that I die.




The Blue Falcon and Dynomutt
 
Note- bottom 2 photos are from the internet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...