Saturday, December 28, 2019


June 9, 2015- Dreams

Why was I ever thrilled about writing about my vivid dreams?  They all seem rather ridiculous to me now. Well, not really, for a small part of me still does think that they are fun and entertaining. No one else would except for my best friend Sharon though. She has told me that she liked the ones that I have sent to her via email.

   My dreams and also my music often have been a source of great comfort to me, especially when I am feeling super stressed. Of course, I will always be ashamed that I was really pleased that Duran Duran starred in many of them.

   Those aren’t the only dreams that I enjoyed. There were multiple ones of Bon Jovi, “Supernatural”, tennis stars, and “Doctor Who”. Other music stars showed up in them, like Sting in an alien invasion one. My family and/or friends, doggies, and classmates would sometimes be a part of these and other storylines.

   The settings are often familiar and close, naturally, like my hometown and surrounding area. Sometimes it has been at my former grade school/church.

   I had a few each of the TV shows “CHiPs”, and “The Six Million Dollar Man” as well. I met the stars of both shows at autograph shows in a couple of these then later this actually happened which was cool.

   I have pretty much given up on my ridiculous idea of making a science fiction story based on my dreams. This would involve my lead character being in alien holodeck programs of them. Both she and the alien who teleports her there feel like total outsiders.

    I know that I would probably have to change names of the famous people, song titles, and more in this; I just don’t have the talent to do that.

   Amy seemed to have little faith that my attempts would be successful. I picked up on her doubts when she suggested that I should try writing a different story. But this is the only one that I was truly interested in doing.

   I used to have a bit more creativity and imagination but that seems to be disappearing now, more than likely never to return. My dreams haven’t been staying in my memory much lately either. I feel like giving up on what once was an enjoyable hobby/project to me.

   I can’t believe that I was able to actually expand on my dreams at one point. How did I ever get 5- 7 pages out of some of these?

    I was never overly descriptive in them, such as giving details of the setting and describing the characters though. I wish that I could have been.

   I thought about posting some of my Duran Duran dreams to my Tumblr page but I highly doubt that I will get any interest and/or likes for these. I remember posting a few of them to the dream section of the DD fan site in 2009; I don’t think that I got any comments about these then.

 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...