Tuesday, December 31, 2019

June 8, 2015- Pt. 2- Dreamtime-
December 9, 2008- Grade School and Music Stars

I was in my grade school classroom. It was 1983 again and I looked as I did then. I observed my classmates. I heard Jamie saying that she couldn’t wait for Simon to get there. I found out that Simon Le Bon, Paul McCartney, George Michael, and Billy Idol would be doing a Q&A/autograph signing event here. That was pretty bizarre but also fascinating.

   Michelle T. was talking to me for a little while which was nice. We actually were no longer friends by then. The popular clique had turned her against me somehow. I noticed that Jim had the Wham! Make it Big album on his desk. I guess in that it had come out earlier in this reality.

   I saw that Jamie was wearing a jacket that had a lot of music star pins on it including many of Duran Duran. I pointed to one of John Taylor and asked “Who is that?” She thought that I was being serious at first. I told her that I was joking. I knew hardly anything about that group in the 80s. If I had been a fan back then, I wonder if I would have had a crush on him.

   Our two teachers were standing in front of the room. When I saw Sister J, I was thinking about the time that she said that I had a fat head. We were being measured for graduation caps then. Miss A. went over to the door 30 seconds later.

   When she opened it, Simon Le Bon stepped into the room. My classmates were very excited about this. He said that he had a special surprise for us. The door opened again and in walked John Taylor. A couple of the girls let out a scream of delight. Of course, I was happy to see him too but would never be that expressive about my emotions.

   They spent about 30 minutes on the Q&A session. I had noticed that Billy Idol was standing near the blackboard during this. No one was really paying attention to him. He had disappeared before it ended.

   I was too nervous to get on the line for their autographs. Michelle tried convincing me to do so but I just couldn’t. We were pleasantly surprised that they would be staying a little longer afterwards. I guess that they wanted to be there for McCartney who would be there next.

   They sat at desks and let our teachers sit in the more comfortable chairs that they had been in. That was nice of them.

   I didn’t get to see the other stars, however, because the program ended and I was back in my room on Earth. This was kind of disappointing but I was also glad that I had been part of such an unusual experience. As if any music artists would really visit a grade school like these did.
 
 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...