Wednesday, December 18, 2019

December 22, 2016-More Christmas Memories- Part 2


   Mike, Dad, and Grandma Next-Door went to see the tree at Rockefeller Center in 1981. I don’t know why I didn’t go with them.  Maybe I did but just don’t remember it. But wouldn’t I have been in the photo with my brother and grandmother?

   Our Girl Scout troop went to the Macy’s to look at the holiday window display and visit Santaland (I think that it was called this then too). That must have been on the same day that we saw the Christmas Spectacular at Rockefeller Center in 1980. I don’t think that we took two trips to NYC.

   Did our parents ever take us to see Santa at a department store or a mall?  They more than likely did. I somewhat have memories of writing letters/wish lists (I enjoyed looking in the Sears Christmas Wish Book) to Santa and putting out cookies for him on Christmas Eve.  

    Mom occasionally told my brother and me that if we were naughty kids that Santa would bring us only a lump of coal for our present. They actually had such an item in the late 70s. I bought it as a gag gift for Mike’s stocking.

    Mike recently mentioned that he has all of the Star Trek calendars since 1976. Mom started buying these as his Christmas gift in 1986.  Grandma at-the Farm got it for him in 1985. He bought the others online. I have been ordering our calendars (It is cocker spaniels for me and Golden Retriever puppies for Mom) from a site for the past couple of years. They are cheaper plus it saves me the stress of having to drive to the mall.
 




 







1983










1976

 

1981-Rockefeller Center






 

 Note- first 5 photos are from the internet

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...