Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Dreamtime- Hall & Oates


August 8, 2002

Mom, Mike and I were at a small club down the shore for a Hall & Oates concert. Some of my grade school classmates were also there, including the boy that was my crush. He was the one who told me not to stare at him anymore. Even now I was afraid to look at him.

   The setting was odd though. It seemed like more of a classroom, complete with the desks and a blackboard. I did wonder why Sam had made it look this way, but also was slightly amused by this.

   They performed mostly songs off of their new album; one that doesn’t exist in reality. They took a few breaks during this show. I was feeling kind of tired and also a bit bored. I wanted them to do some of their hits and hoped that they would when they returned from the first break.

    Mom and Mike went to get something to eat. I looked out a window at the ocean and felt a little scared. I didn’t mind being by the ocean when I was a kid, but sometime over the past 15 years, I developed a big fear of it.

   The intermission was over but Mom and Mike had not returned. I was worried about them. They didn’t get back until the middle of the first song then,” Rich Girl”- finally, one of their hits.

    Daryl and John were wearing different outfits now. They were as strange and seemed more like costumes.  It’s hard for me to describe this. I’m not that good with words. They were also doing some goofy stuff during this concert.

   At one point, I felt so sleepy that I put my head down on the desk. I felt someone tapping on my shoulder and thought that it was my Mom or brother. When I looked up, it was Daryl Hall. That was pretty embarrassing. He was walking around the room a lot during that song and noticed me nodding off.

   Although this was a weird concert, I did have a pretty good time. It was interesting that Mom was with Mike and me. It ended as we were walking on the boardwalk back to our hotel. It was nice that we were on a weekend trip together. It turns out that we were in Wildwood; I haven’t’ been there since 1986. I wish that I could have been in this program for more of it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...