Thursday, December 26, 2019


July 27, 2005- A Duran Duran Show

The sound of loud music woke me up from my sleep. It was Duran Duran’s “Is There Something I Should Know?” I was pretty annoyed that someone was blasting their stereo so early in the morning. I saw that I was no longer in reality; I was in my sky blue bedroom of our old apartment.

   My appearance was as it had been in the mid-1980s. I saw my Poochie Bear on the desk chair and smiled. After that song, I thought that I heard a guy’s voice saying that Duran Duran would be performing another song a little later.

   I looked out my window and saw 2 girls running down the walkway. I heard the one saying that she couldn’t wait to see Simon. The other was upset that they were late for the show. This music had not been on a stereo; it was live.

   I decided to follow those girls. I opened my sliding door closet to quickly get an outfit but then decided that I better just run out the door without changing first. I was in my gray short nightgown.

   I saw my Ginger pup laying on a latch hook rug in the living room. I hoped that I would be in this storyline long enough to pet and play with her later.

   I saw a crowd of about 200 people not that far down Stiles Street. They were in front of Koza’s bar. That hasn’t been there in at least 15 years. My Uncle Nick used to go there sometimes.

   I was guessing that someone from my area had won a contest in which Duran Duran would do a mini concert in their neighborhood.

   There didn’t seem to be any security around the area that I was in so I stood in the back of the audience. Suddenly, my location was in the 2nd row. I was so happy that I had been teleported there.

   A girl yelled out “I love you Simon!” I wondered if it was the one who I had been following. They had gone to the other side of this crowd.

   Simon was talking to a girl in the front row. He signed her Rio album too. She was overjoyed. I was feeling nervous when he got closer to me. It was so odd that he actually noticed me and made a comment about me still being in my nightgown.

   A male talk show host started interviewing the DD guys. That lasted for about 6 minutes. I did get a bit excited when I saw John smiling. I was only a little embarrassed about this. They would be back in a few minutes to perform two more songs.

   They did “Planet Earth” and “Hungry Like the Wolf”. I was glad that I got to be there for this but right afterwards I was returned to my actual bedroom.

   I wish that I could have been with my Ginger for even just a little while. She always comforted me whenever I was upset about my parent’s arguments or being picked on in school. I would sometimes hug my Poochie bear then too.
 

                                                                                 Ginger 
Poochie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...