Monday, December 16, 2019


December 24, 2015- Christmas
 
 

I was thinking about how we used to get a lot of cards in the 70s and 80s. Mom had green garland and would form it into a tree on the wall and we’d put them inside of this. Did we do that just when we had the white paneling? We had a blue couch and red carpeting too – how patriotic.

   We usually put the small Christmas tree on the end table but we haven’t done so in at least 7 years. We did use the ceramic one that Mom made in the 1970s for a couple of years sometime afterwards.

   Sharon sent me pictures of her tree; there are 4 or 5 Simpsons’ ornaments on it. I sent her a few Christmas time photos too- Buffy, Mookie, and one of Mom and me outside of the church by the nativity scene in 1980. It’s not a very good shot though; I am wearing one of my favorite coats ever- dark green with white flowers and trim.

   Mom said that a camel was part of the nativity a couple of times. I sort of remember this. I do recall that they have had llamas. Mike remembers there being a goat. Sheep are usually included.  Three or four years ago the only animal that they had was sheep. I am glad that they included a Donkey with them after that. I always look forward to seeing these adorable animals each year.
 
 
                                                                           1968
1972
 
                                                                             1980



 
 

2 comments:

themeganb32@gmail.com said...

neat way to display the christmas cards

LaraAnn said...

My grandmother started doing this in the 1960s. Back then and through to the late 1980s, we used to get enough cards for it. Now, we only have 4 so far and probably will only get a few more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...