Tuesday, December 17, 2019

December 22, 2016- More Christmas Memories- Part 1


Mike asked me to watch It’s A Wonderful Life with him as does every year during Christmas time.  I think that by now he knows my answer but just wants to joke around with me. I saw that movie a lot when we were kids and it isn’t one that I feel nostalgic about any more like he does. Mom has that film’s 50th anniversary ornament and also a Raisinetes tin.

   I was thinking about how I used to love decorating for this holiday. We have so many decorations but I only put up a small amount of them. We don’t really have the space for much more. I could put up some of the wall ones but the fun tack messes up the walls and the back of the decorations. I am not that crazy about the tape option either. What else could I even use?

   I liked making my own decorations and drawings when I was a kid. I feel stupid for screwing up the spelling on a couple of them. I put Santa Clause on one and Sielent Night on another. We had to make an Advent calendar for an eight grade art project. I got an A on this. We made garland out of popcorn and cranberries in the late 70s too. That might have been a Girl Scout thing.

   I sort of wish that I had the motivation to put up the tree. We have a smaller one that goes on the end table. Just imagining doing so is overwhelming though. We could decorate several trees with all the ornaments that we have. I would do one with all of the handmade ones.

   I should tell Mike that he could try selling my Scooby, Muppets, and some Disney ornaments on eBay. I just wouldn’t be able to handle doing so myself. I wish that I had been collecting the Rudolph ones all along.  I looked them up online but forget how far back they go. I have from 2013-present, I think.







 
 
 

                                                   



 





 

 




 
 Note- popcorn garland photo is from the internet
 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...