Sunday, December 8, 2019

Dreamtime- Bon Jovi


March 21, 2002

I was at a Bon Jovi concert. It was taking place at a small venue, like a theater. I had a fairly good seat. A few girls that I knew were also there. They were former classmates of mine- Sandy, Michelle T and Gloria. Gloria told me that Gina was there too but in a seat that was further back.

   There was a short break after the 5th song. Jon came off of the stage to shake hands and talk with some of the people in the audience. He actually shook my hand, which seemed surreal. Even though he’s just a hologram or shape shifting alien, this was exciting.

    I asked Michelle if that really just happened and she said yes. I was only slightly embarrassed that I was going bonkers over this guy.

   A little later, one of the staff came over to me us and said that Michelle and I could move closer to the stage. I was so happy, but also did wonder why we had been given this privilege.

    The Bon Jovi guys had changed their clothes. They were now in suits just like the ones that they wore for a picture in the calendar that I have on my bedroom wall.

   During” Bad Medicine”, I was laughing a little. The song is kind of cheesy but I like it anyway. Richie saw me doing this and smiled. It was a great show and I was pleased that I got to be at it.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...